Chapter 37

*HEY GUYS! SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT. I WON'T BOTHER YOU GUYS WITH QUESTIONS THIS TIME SO YOU CAN GET RIGHT INTO THE CHAPTER. NOW, IT IS A FLASHBACK CHAPTER THIS TIME. THE LAST FLASHBACK CHAP WAS Chapter 30, FOR THOSE THAT WANT A RECAP. THIS WILL BE THE FINAL FLASHBACK CHAPTER BUT THE MAIN STORY IS STILL CONTINUING. DON'T GET CONFUSED! ANYWAY, ENJOY THE LONG AWAITED UPDATE! SEE YA IN THE NEXT ONE (hopefully won't take as long)!*

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 37

Autumn was dawning as the tree leaves gradually turned into shades of orange, red, yellow or brown by the day. The weather was also effected by the coming season as the air grew cooler and cooler. People garnered warmer clothing or stayed inside the comfort of their homes more often than if it were spring or summer. Trade was bustling about, businesses thriving with money. Under all of the smiling faces and socialization there was hysteria. Over the years the idea of witches within a land of God has spread and along with it, panic. It has spread throughout many colonies and it only grows worse. Now, people blame witches for everything. They believe the un-obedient women and young girls are spawns of the Devil himself. That the ones who are diverse from the rest are demons waiting to strike. In reality, they have no real power that spawns from evil. They are just people who were unfortunate enough to be chosen for another's irrelevant ridicule.

The air was cold and it blistered my dainty fingers. I pulled my brown, tattered cloak tighter around me, hoping I could salvage my warmth. My stomach growled, angry at me for having not eaten anything all day today. I bit my lip and hung my head lowly, waiting for my food to come. People walked past the alleyway I sat in, thinking I was just another poor rascal. That's what I prefer for them to think. I was tired and my body felt heavy. Finally, I heard a commotion of people shouting with surprise. I turned my head around and watched past my brunette hair. Men threw curses as their hats were thrown off of their heads or they tripped on nothing. Women shrieked as their dresses were upturned, revealing their bloomers. Children squealed with confused amusement as they watched the mayhem. A wagon was unhinged from its perch and began rolling astray. Men ran after it and I couldn't help but stifle a laugh. As this commotion played out, a burlap sack began sneakily making its way towards me. A wide smile came to lips as I awaited the bag to reach me. Once it was within range, I snatched it into my hands and hugged it close to my chest. I opened the bag and saw fruits, a loaf of bread, cheeses and a ceramic jar of water.

Apologies for not getting any meats. They ran out.

"This is perfect, Sam," I told my companion. I closed the bag and squealed with delight. I got up from my lonely spot and ran off before any of the citizens noticed me. My feet paddled against cobblestone until I felt dirt graze my skin, then grass. I ran a few more meters into the trees and then stopped when I felt I was safe from prying eyes. Without waiting another moment, I opened the bag, ripped off a piece of bread and took it into my mouth. Relief washed over my body and my stomach calmed itself as soon as I swallowed my bite. "Thank you, Sam," I sighed, then stuffed my mouth with a few grapes.

You're very welcome.

"You made quite a show out there," I remarked with a smirk.

It was entertaining, wasn't it?

"Did you have to toss up the women's dresses," I chuckled. I heard Sam laugh.

They might as well have not worn a dress at all. Such horrid fabric, I tell you.

I giggled. "I'm sure everyone is still pondering about the commotion."

'Twas nothing but the wind!