Chapter 18

Y/N POV

The guys just stood there staring at me. Pointed eyes, tails flicking around behind them. Jimin sniffed a few times before crossing his arms.

"So guys... how was your day?" I carefully closed the front door behind me and took slow steps inside.

"Do you work with a hybrid?" Hobi said coldly.

I rolled my eyes, and noticed a small brown box on the dining table. It must be the phone I ordered for them. They must have opened the door for the delivery guy.

"I'm pretty sure there are no hybrids in our office, but I told you guys, remember? I'm in the city all day, I bump int-"

"But it's the same hybrid! We can smell the same one on you every time!" Jimin whined.

I picked up the box and fiddled with it, trying to think of what to say, but I was at a loss. I was fairly sure it wasn't Lisa, since she wasn't there the first time they could smell this mystery hybrid. They said that it wasn't Lucas, but I'm not really sure who else it could be.

Maybe there was someone else in the office that came in heavily scented, but I didn't really get close to anyone other than Lisa and Lucas.

Rubbing my temple with my free hand, I sighed heavily, unsure of what to do. If it was someone at my office that was leaving this smell on me, is it going to make the boys react like this every day?

"I'm sorry I'm sorry!" Jimin suddenly cried and ran into me, hugging me tight. "Please don't be mad at us!"

He must have mistook my actions for annoyance at them, when in reality it was annoyance at myself for putting the poor pack in distress every day.

I put the box back down on the table and hugged him back.

"I'm not mad at you guys, I just... I just don't know what to do. I truly don't know where I'm picking up this scent from." I tried to explain.

"Maybe there is a hybrid in our office, and they don't have any ears or tail. Maybe they just managed to sneak in as a regular person and got a job in the office"

"Maybe" Hobi mumbled as he stumbled his way towards us.

He moved Jimin over slightly so that he could hug me too, and I just stood there, between these 2 sweet guys, feeling guilty as ever.

"I um, I got you something" I tried to wriggle out of their hold.

I succeeded and picked up the box again, taking it to the kitchen. Using one of the knives, I cut through the tape sealing the box and pulled it open.

The boys had silently followed me into the kitchen and were now watching with curious eyes. They looked very surprised when I pulled out the new phone.

"I realised I don't have a way to contact you when I'm not home" I pulled the sim card out of the box as well and started assembling everything.

"Y/N" a hoarse voice croaked out. Yoongi had the same look as he did when we were buying the bed.

"Don't even start, I can afford this and it would give me much more peace of mind now that I can talk to you during the day" I said sternly.

Yoongi just closed his mouth and watched as I turned on the phone and started setting it up.

Yoongi POV

Well I officially felt like the shittiest hybrid in existence.