Chapter 7

"You play?" He asked as I sat down on the bench as a piano was in front of me.

"Yea since I was 5" I laughed.

He continued to walk around the music store and stopped at the guitars.

"Still can't believe your uncle owns a music store" he touched the acoustic guitar.

"Can I?" He asked for permission to play the guitar. I nodded a yes for him to play.

"Well my uncle always had this dream of owning a music store, I remember at family reunion he would basically be in charge of the music" I smiled at the memories.

"Who says dreams can't come true?" He smiled and walked towards me and sat down.

"Play something?" I asked and looked at him.

"Only if you help out" he fixed some strings.

"Sure" I answered without a problem and turned toward the piano.

"Ready when you are" I said and he began to play.

"You can't walk the streets at night" he began with his charming voice making me tingle a bit.

"You're way too short to get on this ride"

"Are you making fun of my height?" I stopped playing making us laugh.

"No I think your height is adorable to be honest" he smiled and our eyes locked again. These moments like between us actually makes me happy for some reason. Does he like me?

I took a deep breathe and cleared my throat and continues playing the piano.

"No I'm not, no I'm not, they're tryna tell me that I

I gotta be home when the street lights glow?

You can't watch your TV show

I will watch what I wanna watch

No, won't listen to you, do what I wanna do

And I will walk this road ahead

One hundred miles on my hands

Do I need to show you?

Guess I gotta show you

And if you don't believe me now

I'll flip the whole world upside down

Do I need to show you?

Guess I gotta show you"

He then began whistling perfectly making me giggle in an unannoying way.

"Oh my gosh you are a pro at whistling" I laughed slightly.

He joined along and continued playing the guitar as if his life depended on it. I don't blame him. The piano is always there for me when I'm feeling down.

I looked at the piano for a while when I don't hear the guitar playing anymore grabbing my attention. I turn to Shawn and his eyes are widen then just snickers.

"Your such a dork" I giggled.

Later on it was getting late. I was tired to be honest. I made sure everything in the stop was clear and locked up the place.

"Just by looking at you, you seem tired" he shrugged. "and cold, here" he added and took off his sweater and handed it to me.

"Thanks" I smiled lightly and put it on. It was big on me but it was warm and cozy.

"So where do you live?"

"Why stalker?" I joked with a smirked.

He smiled and put his hands inside his jeans pocket.

"No I just want to take you home, you know the streets at this time isn't safe" he informed.

"I know, I grew up here" I noted making me snicker. He grew embarrassed as his cheeks grew red.

"But I would love that" I said to make him feel better.

Relief washed over him and a smile formed on his perfect lips. The night full of fun was coming to an end.

+++

"This is me" we came upon a lane way house.

"How adorable" he mocked causing me to push him lightly playing around of course. We looked over at the end of the street and saw the sunrise coming up already.

"So.." I asked awkwardly.

At moments like this in movies, it's usually a date but in reality for me it was just a normal walk home. I walk home with Matt all the time since he lives next door.

"This is going to be too much to ask but.." he rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"But.." I said.

"I know we just met but do you mind if I stay here for the night?" He asked.

"Aren't they going to be looking for you?" I asked a bit confused.

He looked at the ground with no expression.

"I really don't want to face Andrew right now" he admitted. I nodded feeling what he was going through.

"Um alright" I looked at my house and opened the door and then turned to him and let him come through.

I quietly came in making sure if my mom was here. I checked the key holders and her car keys weren't there. I sighed in relief but still went up to my room quietly because of neighbors next door could probably snitch on me.

Shawn closed the door quietly and followed me up. We then stopped at my door.

"Umm.. wait here" I smiled embarrassed and went into my room closing the door and looked around. My room was a mess. I grabbed my clothes that was on my chair and threw it into the laundry basket. Picked up my stuff animal and into my closet. I then looked one last look and everything was normal. Shawn then opened the door and pushed himself through scared.

"Woah? What's wr--" I began to say but he covered my mouth with his hands and whispered.

"I think your mom is here" he said and the front door closed making my eyes widen.

Shit.

______________
Edited // Published June 16, 2015