09. {sexual electricity}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"okay, then what?" dustin questioned, breaking the silence.

steve was seriously taking in what jamie had just told them. he was walking in silence as he thought about his relationship with nancy.

"you just wait until, uh... until you feel it." steve said, awkwardly.

"feel what?" dustin asked.

"it's like before it's gonna storm, you know?" steve described, "you can't see it, but you can feel it, like this, uh... electricity, you know?"

"oh, like in the electromagnetic field when the clouds in the atmosphere-" dustin began rambling.

"no, no, no, no, no. like a... like a sexual electricity."

"oh."

steve pointed to dustin. "you feel that and then you make your move."

"so that's when you kiss her?"

"no, woah, woah, woah. slow down, romeo," steve scoffed.

"sorry."

"sure, okay, some girls, yeah, they want you to be aggressive. you know, strong, hot and heavy, like a... i don't know, like a lion."

"mmm."

"but others, you gotta be slow, you gotta be stealthy, like a... like a ninja."

"what type is nancy?" dustin questioned, referring to his ex-girlfriend.

"she's different." steve started without thinking, "i think jamie's different than other girls."

dustin's face scrunched up in puzzlement and he hesitated to say anything about steve's slip-up. "uh, steve?"

"yeah?"

"i asked about nancy."

"and i said nancy."

dustin smirked, "no actually, you said jamie."

steve's face fell and he laughed awkwardly, trying to play off his mistake. "you're hearing things, man."

"no, i heard you loud and clear." dustin laughed, "you said jamie as in jamie adams."

"seems like you're the one that's saying jamie." steve muttered as he glanced up.

the girl had no idea what they were speaking about. she was in her own world, glimpsing around and tossing meat to the floor.

"jamie's clearly awesome." dustin explained, "but she's a little too old for me, don't you think?" he then turned to steve. "for you, on the other hand..."

"i'm... not having this conversation with you," steve shook his head.

"oh, come on! she's so cool." dustin reassured him, "she didn't even hesitate to go into the cellar, she was singing the queen songs in your car and felicity talks about her like she's a golden angel. she's definitely special."