Family Goals :P

Hakeem and Andre looked like they wanted to smack the girl that walked through the door with her head held high and her heels clacking loudly. She looked like a model, but her looks were irrelevant to their dislike of her. It was her title.

'I heard Cookie had you in the studio.' Jamal said as he gave her a firm hug with a kiss on the cheek. He fluffed at her new hairstyle. It was just pin straight now. 'Are you sure you want to step into the dark side?'

Shawn giggled cutely as she ran a hand through her hair. She really liked the vibe that Jamal always seemed to carry around him. He was so vibrant and amazing to be within inches of unlike some of the jokers at Empire.

She looked back as she heard the sound of feet hurrying against the marble floors. It was Christian. He had invited himself to meet her new family. Shawn had decided it wasn't such a big deal since she had just met them.

'Christian, this is my brother. Favorite brother, by the way. His name is Jamal Lyon. Jamal, this is my boyfriend Christian.' Shawn formally introduced them to each other. They gave each other a quick handshake before Jamal turned away as if he had done something wrong.

Shawn swiped it off as nothing before grabbing Christian's hands to place in her own. They all walked over to Cookie's office which was barely what you call an office. A lot of looks were given to them while as they walked together.

Jamal knocked before entering giving Shawn and Christian the go ahead to follow. Cookie was busy with another talent who had brought a demo of a new song. It was really banging sort of like a new club hit.

'This is great, Tiana. I can definitely work with this.' Cookie said as she smiled evilly. She had successfully stolen a client from Anika. Her little plan was working but not as well as she thought.

Shawn waved at her.

Cookie stood up and ended the meeting with Tiana. The stylish young artist smiled sweetly at them as she stood to leave. Shawn stopped her.

'You are really good... Don't let anyone tell you different.' Shawn told her with lots of respect. The dark skinned girl checked her out before giving her a small nod. They had shared a moment but Shawn could feel the hand in hers weigh down like a pound of bricks.

Cookie got their attention as Tiana exited and Christian was formally introduced as Shawn began to get grilled by her mouthy mother.

Jamal teased her as she blushed softly. He had this way of making you laugh even when you felt so embarrassed. Shawn couldn't keep a straight face with those two in the same room.

'So... We have you in the studio to clean up the song just a bit and then you are ready to go. But we need a new song to release at your release party. And you have to get started on the album's songs...' Cookie announced all at once as Shawn took in one after the other of her career plans.

Damn, wait a minute!

Okay so she was approved as an artist. That was good but this meant more time away from her home in Southampton and more time there at Empire. She could do that.

Sacrifice.

Hard work.

Strength.

Everything she needed to pursue her career without stomping on the throats of others.

'Do you want to join us for dinner, Cookie? Jamal?' Shawn asked as they finished up with their planning of the girl's schedule for the next two weeks.

Cookie declined politely and Jamal asked them if they would rather eat in. He was inviting them to his home.

Was he that ready to reveal apart of himself to someone he barely knew?

Family and trust went hand in hand. If you couldn't trust your family, who could you trust?