Part 3, Secrets Revealed

~~*December 12th, 1886*~~
Once I had calmed down, Jennifer got me out of bed and helped me put the patch over my right eye. I got used to only seeing out of my left, I can just barely see with my missing right eye. But I don't like what I see. So much blood. Today, I was going to learn something about the death of Jennifer's mother. But what I heard, shocked me.

"Jennifer, could you come to my study with Ace? I believe it's time we tell him something, if he is going to be staying with us any longer." Her father, Richard, had asked us to go to his study and I didnt quite understand why, not yet at least. When we got to his study, he had Jennifer and I sit down as he told us a story. "It was Jennifer's 16th birthday. That was when the accident happened. It was unknown to Jennifer that this would happen. Most of us never would have expected it. But Jennifer's mother knew. She knew all her life. Because it ran in her family."

"What do you mean sir? What was she expecting? And why do you sound so sad?" My mind was wandering, and who would have thought I was right? I looked to Jennifer and she wouldn't look me in the eye. I knew what had happened that instant. It looked like she was sad, it looked like she was struggling. And I understood why she wasn't scared when she saw me in the cemetery. I should have been scared of her. Not the other way around. She looked at me cautiously and grinned as i smiled softly. Her father looked to me and continued, but I knew what he was going to tell me. Jennifer's mother didn't die in an accident. She was killed. By her precious daughter, Jennifer.

TO BE CONTINUED...