chapter 07.

007 — you belong to our world

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

I blinked nervously a few times. The room I was in looked nothing like my bedroom. Only after about a minute I realized it was Heeseung's living room.

I was lying on a couch, covered with a blanket. There was no one around. I only heard the voices of my nervous friends from the kitchen. Without moving from the prone position, I listened more closely to what they were saying.

"It hasn't happened yet.." Kai said, "Is that the only thing you have to say?" Heeseung said indignantly, "Yah.. nobody since the beginning of our race has found their second half in a human!" Kai replied, raising his voice a bit.

"And what should I do? She is Jungwon's second half, and we won't or more like we can't do anything about it." Heeseung assured.

"But can't you understand, that I don't want her?" Jungwon growled, and even though I didn't see him, I could imagine exactly how his face looked at that moment. However, what he said hurt so damn much. "I've never believed in that shit. It's just a stupid legend." he added after a while.

"You still think it's just a legend?" Chae whispered, "I know you feel it. I know you love her." she said, "Stop pretending you don't."

"No," he immediately denied, "This idiotic legend forces me to love her, and I'm not going to do that just because it tells me to. I have Yeeun, and I won't turn my life upside down because of some human girl." I couldn't take it anymore. The pain I felt that moment was too strong.

I got up from the couch, still swaying a little. I entered the kitchen where everyone looked at me surprised.

"Jaeun.. are you okay?" Chae asked, rushing up to me immediately, "I.. I want to go home," I whispered, holding back tears, "Can someone give me a ride? Or at least walk with me to the nearest bus stop..?"