chapter 08.

008 — unexpected help

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
[ +15 : tw, harrasment. ]

Several weeks have passed, and the pain didn't ease off, but at least I did learn how to live with it. There was nothing I could do about it, so I just got over it.

It was quite warm outside. Spring brought everything back to life. The sun was shining pleasantly, warming my face, and there wasn't even a light wind. Dressed in a white dress with tiny, colorful flowers, I walked down the streets, enjoying the beautiful weather.

As every day, I entered my favorite cafe where the same barista greeted me. With a smile, he handed me a cup of my favorite coffee which I had been ordering here all the time. He knew exactly what time I would arrive, so my order was always waiting for me.

"Thank you." I handed him the money with a slight smile.

"Have a nice day, coffee girl!" he shouted as I opened the door, and waved happily to me.

As usual, there were a lot of people at school. Everyone was pushing each other, and paying no attention to other passers-by. I was in a surprisingly good mood. Usually, I couldn't think of anything other than Jungwon, and the pain that was almost overwhelming me. However, that day I was relatively calm. I hadn't even thought about the nightmare that happened to me last night.

Jiwon as usual was waiting for me in front of my locker. I hid all the unnecessary things in it, and went to class together with her.

As always, she had her small leather bag thrown over her shoulder which she never parted with. That day, in her navy hair, brown leather straps were woven into a few tiny braids. It suited her and her style very well.

We passed everyone in silence as we walked through the classroom, and just took our seats, engrossed in conversation. At school, we tried not to talk about vampires, second halves or clans. We couldn't let anyone hear about it. Nobody could find out about them. Sometimes we allowed ourselves to do it in the canteen, where there was always such chaos that nobody paid attention to what we were saying.