Part 2, Meeting the Family

(Continuing from where the last left off, still in the flashback. Well, it was a long flashback...so, this thing is all just part of the flashback.)

Jennifer's sapphire eyes looked into my blood red eye, I didn't feel scared anymore. I felt like somehow, I had seen something spark in her eyes. The moon reflecting in her eyes made them shine. It felt hypnotizing. I reached my hand out and touched her pale, ivory cheek. It was so smooth and soft.

I was pulled from my trance by the sound of her father coming over and removing Jennifer's hand from my cheek and cleaning the blood off. She glared at the man when he pulled her away from me. I didn't know what was going on as I blinked a few times. It was so strange. I felt lost in her crystal like eyes. They seemed to hold all of the light in the world.

"Jennifer, stay away from this boy. He looks dangerous! Come on. We are going home now!" I didn't understand. I hadn't done anything wrong. Jennifer looked sadly towards me and reached out her hand as her father pulled her away from me.

My face had filled with fear at being alone, I hopped off the fence I  had been sitting on and looked around as the darkness seemed to crowd me. I began shaking severely and crouched down to hold myself together.

"Let me go father!! Can't you see he is afraid?! Let me go this instant!!" Jennifer pulled her arm out of her father's grip and ran over to me, wrapping her arms around me. I quickly wrapped my arms around her as well and kept shaking.

"I-i dont...wa-want to...b-be all alone any...mo-more..." I hadn't realized it, but bloody tears had fallen onto her beautiful dress. She obviously didnt care about her dress more than helping someone who was scared and alone. Her father stared in disbelief that his daughter had refused to obey him (or so I  thought).

Eventually they had coaxed me into their carriage and we arrived at their estate short after. They helped me with my injuries and had me wear a patch over my missing eye. Questions had been asked and introductions had been made. "My name is Richard Heartforth, I'm Jennifer's father. This is my son, Maxwell."

"Call me Max, got it brat?!" I understood pretty well that he and I weren't going to be good friends. He then found out that it was me who had gotten Jennifer's dress dirty. He tried to fight me, but Jennifer stopped him. I don't understand how I got stuck with the name Ace, yet, but that is my name now.

TO BE CONTINUED...