chapter 11.

011 — the beauty of forest

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

''Why don't we go for a walk?'' Jiwon suggested when we finished eating lunch. Jungmi disappeared somewhere with Jake, and each of the members found something to do. So without more hesitancy I nodded to her enthusiastically, and we walked out of the house, going deeper into the forest.

Everything around was green, smelled pleasantly, and was just perfect. We were walking along some previously trodden path, from which I had a beautiful view of the nearby hill. I was curious what the view was like, so I asked Jiwon if we could go up there.

From the very top you could see the girl's house, Heeseung's house, and a bit more behind it. As usual, white smoke was rising from his chimney, indicating that Chae was at home. However, my attention was drawn to four houses standing quite a bit in the opposite direction.

I looked questioningly at the girl, "The rest of our clan live in those houses," she explained with a smile, "If we were to live all together, we would never fit in, so there are five large houses, and one for Heeseung and Chae. Six people live in each large house." she explained.

"I didn't know that the clan is so numerous." I chuckled, and the girl shrugged while taking us to another localisation.

We passed various hills, rocks, clearings, and finally we reached the river. The girl smiled widely as she immediately ran closer, dipping her hand in the water to check the temperature.

"Aren't you afraid to be here, alone?" I asked curiously, sitting down on a big stone nearby the river.

I was aware that the girl wasn't an ordinary person, but she looked quite delicate, and there were various creatures in the forest.

"I don't think so," she laughed, "Forest is like my second home, so how could I be afraid of it?" the girl smiled, while playing with her hand in the water.