Marc x Reader

Marc had never been one to have things that tied him down.
No friends, no family and eventually he cut of the only thing he did have, Layla.
But, now here he was with someone he cared about.
He would never admit it. He had stumbled across you by chance, he found you in Arthur's 'cult' and you offered him inside information if he agreed to free you.
Which he did, but after that he just couldn't seem to shake you.
Even Steven cared about you, which wasn't hard, Steven cared about everyone.
Marc knew growing up couldn't have been easy for you, much less when he found out Arthur killed your parents.
But you were still young, you were an adult but in his eyes you were just a kid.
You'd barely had any experiences or seen any of the world, or the horrors it held.
For the time being he would keep you with him, make sure you were safe. Maybe once all of this blew over he could find you somewhere close in London to live. But for now you traveled with him and Steven trying to save the world from Khonshu.
One night in a hotel in Egypt you were awoken to Marc screaming and sitting straight up.
He was on the floor below the bed, of course he had let you sleep in the bed.
You watched him pant softly before groaning in anger and throwing his shirt on.
He stood by the window and looked out at the rain that fell across the city.

"Marc?" You called out slowly sitting up in bed.

"I'm okay, kid. Go back to sleep." He said as you groaned and slowly stood up.
You stood beside him and watched the rain as well.

"If you ever want to talk about what happened to you, you can talk to me." You whispered as he sighed and continued to stare out into the world.

"You wouldn't understand." He muttered as you looked up at him.

"Maybe I won't understand, but I can listen." You suggestion seeing a small smile on his lips.

"I couldn't do that to you, you'd have nightmares for weeks." He replied, his smile faltering.

"Then, maybe just a hug." You whispered moving in front of him to wrap your arms around him and rest your head on his chest.

Marc had never been one for affection, maybe he'd just never had enough of it to form an opinion.
But, right now, with your arms around him he felt something different.
Something other than regret, guilt or fear.
He felt comfort.
He wrapped his arms around you cautiously as if you were a porcelain doll.
While he held you in his arms Marc finally felt like he'd found something to fight for, he felt like he finally had someone in this world that didn't make him feel alone. He had someone to protect and care for.
He had you.