06

"Jo?" Addie asked her head turned to the living room while her eyes stayed focussed on the mirror in their room.

"Yes, love?" he called back, his head poking out from the door.

"How do I look," she asked, she placed her hands on her hips while spinning around a little bit so he could look at her outfit.

She was wearing a plaid skirt in yellow with white and black for the stripes, she had it topped with a white crop top that wasn't all too cropped so she would feel comfortable. Adeline had always been very hard on her looks, mostly also because of her parents, but she never really did like the way she looked. She found her hair too dull and messy, her eyes didn't sparkle enough, and her smile was crooked- point is, in her view she could've been so much more and better.

She had told Joseph about her slight body dismorphia and he had been very gentle and sweet with her. Every date they've been on he would have complimented her at least twice on her looks, it really helped her, believing someone was entranced with her, someone liked to look at her.

Joseph walked into the room completely, his mouth hanging a little bit open as well as his eyes widened. "You look stunning..." he muttered out almost speechless.

"Really?" Adeline asked, here eyes still too focused on the mirror and her refelction to even notice Jo's entranced state. "I just, it gives me such like school girl vibes and I don't know... am I not getting a little to old for that sort of look, and my legs are exposed, I just- I don't know."

"Love," Jospeh interrupted walking up to her and putting his arms around her shoulders from behind, making Adeline look up at him in the mirror, "You look gorgeous. Stunning an dabsolutely breathtaking, but if you're not comfortable in it you don't have to wear it."

"I just don't want to be underdressed you know? And I did like this outfit I just don't know if it's for me..." she said placing her hands on his and nuseling her nose in his arms.

"Believe me when I say, you won't be underdressed alright? Maya showed up in her sweats to the table read, Natalia hadn't brushed her hair yet which Charlie did for her before right before they walked in. Sadie and Millie are still young they would love anything stylish, which all your clothes are. And Priah had a half an outfit on, and with that I mean, she had her t-shirt inside out and two different shoes on."

He placed his head on hers also nusling his head in her hair, making her smile softly at him. "It's just, now they do have the time to get dressed, we are meeting in the afternoon. We're going to the park and then head to a diner for dinner."

"And you'll look stunning with whatever you'll wear they won't mind what you wear I just want and need you to be comfortable. I need to know you aren't putting yourself out there in an uncomfy position just because you want to fit in," he explained, loosening his arms around her and twisting her around so they were now almost touching with their noses.

"You look amazing, you are amazing, and they'll think so too, alright? Now we are going to find an outfit you love and feel comfortable in, and you're going to have fun."

"I love you," she whispered to him slowely closing the resting gap between them and pressing her lips softly to his. He didn't waste a second before kissing her back. Jo's hands rose up in her hair and hers to the nape of his neck, to play with the baby curls there.

Joseph let his left hand rest on her cheek stroking his thumb over her cheek, he slowly pulled away their lips protesting longing for the other's soft touch. "Now lets find that outfit."

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Adeline was waiting in the park, her anxiety spiking up when she was the only on there. She had found a bench to sit on and just pulled out her phone so she would stay distracted and not think too much about it. About a few minutes, 2 or maybe even 7, a redheaded girl walked up to her. Her blue eyes lighting up with excitement.