43. Pacing Wedding

When I remembered Emily's death, all I did want to do was scream to myself for not avenging her properly

She didn't deserve that.

In no doubt, she didn't. A death from her own best friend, because of a set-up.

But, with Caspian, I had re-assurance. That when I was his wife... when I was Queen, I would get the revenge I wanted.

Just like Caspian said, Nynaeve had made my gown. A white dress, just like the tale from the girl with Cinders.

It was the most beautiful gown I had ever seen— a sweetheart neckline, embedded with rhinestones, just at the waistline, going down the floor, like a powerful carpet.

While Caspian was dressed as a royal pirate. Didn't make any sense, but he insisted his attire came richly from a Captain's cap, trousers, cloth, jacket and literally everything including the majestic boots.

My mate looked just as if he stepped out of a contemporary romance novel.

As a prince charming would, even though it was far from that...

"Do you, Ava Knight, accept His Majesty, Caspian King, as your lawfully wedded husband?" The High Priestess asked, with the sacred nuptials in her hands.

"I do."

I answered formally, with my eyes locked with Caspian's silver-grey ones. Just where I felt at home— where I felt a sense of peace.

In this grand hall, and massive celebration. With the people I wanted to see. Mum was to come with Moses, today. It would be a surprise, that I was marrying the beast, so I didn't inform her.

She would find out in the night party.

"You may say your vows, Knight." The High Priestess, added.

"I, Ava Knight..."

As I read those words, it was almost like I felt the world pause. My heart raced; lips quivered, and my hands shook from being nervous. I found myself worrying so much, that something would go wrong.

My wolf urged me to relax. Was having a hard time doing so.

"...from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health. To love, cherish, and to obey..."

And then I felt his hands on mine.

Caspian's.

Looking at me, then down to our baby. Even if the bump hadn't started growing. And it was still a secret, it was a look of assurance. From him. That it would be okay. But would it? There were so many enemies at lose.

His father, Lydia. The ex-bishop and Rook.

"You may say your vows, Your Highness." The Priestess repeated.