𝚋𝚒𝚐 𝚊𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜

Imogen Halstead (age 16–>age 25)
Word count: 652

Imogen's POV

"I know what I wanna do when I'm older" I lean on jays desk as the unit works around us. He looks up at me and leans back on his chair, "alright, what is it?" He enquires. I smile, "aerospace engineering, at NASA" I fold my arms smugly. He raises his eyebrows as Antonio walks past, "big aspirations kid, I like it" he slaps me on the shoulder. Jay rubs the back of his neck, "yeah that's pretty big, where'd this come from?" He sits up, clearly not expecting my answer.

           "I've always kinda thought about it, I just didn't think you'd particularly agree or whatever" I shrug.  Jay frowns, "it's great to dream big kiddo, but you need a reliable plan to get there..." he nods, "which I'm sure you've already sorted out in that brain of yours..." he adds before I can twerp in.  I nod at his remark, "and with an aspiration as big as that, although I'm more than sure you'll make it there, you need a fallback plan. But I have every bit of faith in you, alright? I support whatever you wanna do" he shrugs with a small smile. 

             "Okay, I'll think about it" I stand up and plod my way over to the break room.  I meet Antonio in there and he smiles, "if you really want that job, and you're prepared to do everything to get it, you will get that job. Don't let anyone talk you out of it" he nudges my arm on the way out. I sit in the break room and research my career for hours, and I have decided. Nobody is going to step in my way...

~

*9 years later*

           "Why're we sat with blindfolds on?" I roll my eyes at jays complaint. I push my brothers down to the couch and watch as they pull faces, "okay okay, nowwwww you can remove the blindfolds" I decide as I stand with crossed arms. Wills the first to remove his blindfold and it takes him a few seconds to figure whatever I'm trying to show. Jay follows suit, yet he seems to figure it out right away. His eyes widen as he jumps to his feet, "I made it to NASA" I announce. I'm immediately pulled into a hug as jay chuckles, "we knew you'd do it" he eventually sets me down, leaving little time before Will also embraces me into a bone crushing hug.

"Not so little anymore" jay nudges my arm. I'm twenty five, I haven't been little for a long time, these old punks just don't want to admit it. Will smiles, "well then, tell us more. What're you doing now?" He forces me to sit down. Jay smiles down at me, and I now realise how much he pushed me to follow my dreams. I sigh, "well I have to work my way up, but at present I'll be working on the new launch of a space shuttle. That's all I can say right now, confidentiality and stuff..." I look down. Will smiles, "that's great, but why the sad expression?" Jay enquires. I shrug, "I have to move, to Florida" I announce. They remain silent for a while, "good" Will spits out. We both shoot him a confused glare, I'm a little... offended?

"Not like that! Jesus, I didn't mean it like that" he notices our confused glares. I let out a small sigh of relief, "I meant good, as in it will do you good to get out there. Moving away from home will do you good. There's more opportunities away from home, it's good have a fresh start" Will nudges my arm. I chuckle at jay who's shaking his head, "you should call Antonio, he was your biggest fan" jay smiles weakly. I shrug, "already did" I stand up. I called him first...