⟨59⟩

a few hours later,
Liegth K Island
Cafeteria
______________________

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday Landon- Lanka!- happy birthday to you!" everyone sung in unison, Ace holding a cake with candles.

Landon leaned forward and blew out the candles, everyone clapped and cheered.

Light wrapped an arm around Landon's shoulders and announced, "My baby's 19! I feel so old." he mock cried.

Ash rolled his eyes, "You are old." he remarked, sarcastically.
Light picked up a plastic fork and threw it directly at Ash, the murderer caught it casually with ease.

"37 isn't old, Ash be nice. We have a guest." Ace reprimanded his husbands in a low voice before smiling softly.

"Hm," Ash leaned forward and looked at Ryojin, who was directly across the table from him, "Ryojin, side with me here. 37 is old, right?"

Ryojin looked over at Landon as if asking for help before answering, "It's older than me, but not old per say. Definitely young compared to 60." he replied.

Light smiled proudly at Ash, "You act like you're not right behind me."
Ash reached over and pinched Light's side, causing the older man to wince and hit his hand away.

"How old are all of you?" Ryojin asked curiously, he realized there was barely anything he knew about them.

Ash and Light were quietly arguing vaguely in English about 'last night' so Ace shook his head and answered, "Light is 37, Ash is 34 and I'm 29."

Ryojin frowned for a second before looking down at Landon, who was eating a piece of cake.

"You didn't tell me I was the same age as your dad." he said, but it was stated as more of a question even though it wasn't.

Landon, with a mouthful of cake, simply nodded, "Mn."

"Really? I didn't realize, you and I could've been friends in another life." Ace laughed.

Ryojin shrugged, "We could be friends now. Go out for drinks one day." he offered.

Ash split away from his arguement with Light long enough to add, "You should get some friends your age, Cherry." he stated in his 'older and wiser' voice.

"Alright, sure."

a week later,
Newark, NJ
Liegth Hangar
____________________

"Alright, make sure you pay attention while you're there Landy." Light said with a pointed look at the redhead 19-year-old.

Landon nodded as he subtly rolled his eyes, "Of course. This isn't summer camp, I know what I'm doing."

Ash gave Landon a hug before exiting the plane along with Ace and Leah.
"Stay safe Landon, and listen to Jake. He's going to be reporting back to me so don't mess up or you're in trouble."

Landon rolled his eyes at Light's warning but hugged him goodbye anyway, "I know how to be responsible dad. I'll see you in the new year."

Everyone exited the plane to give Ryojin a moment alone with Landon, he pulled the redhead into his arms and kissed him softly.