Part 10

It is just Wednesday. I am exhausted. Mentally, physically and emotionally. My eyes are puffed up from crying last night and I shivering from being out in the rain, then sitting in my wet clothes. I tried to block the events of tuesday, but they come flooding back. This is all new to me and my heart feels broken. The events of yesterday were traumatizing.

I ended things with Mason, not that we were even anything to begin with. It was one date, one connection and one kiss. If I do my best, it will be like none of this ever happened. It would be a minor bump and a cautionary tale. He would just be the guy that I sit beside in political science. I have repeated those words to myself over and over again, hoping at some point I start to believe them.

I don't believe them, yet.

I get ready for school dreadfully.

My sister heard me crying late last night when she came into my room and she checked in.

"I don't know what wrong, but it will be ok. You don't have to tell me anything. Let just sleep. She said, sleep laced in her voice. I needed excatly what she gave me. I didn't want to talk about what happened. Crystal is four years older than me and she was my first friend. We were so close, but have grown farther apart as we have grown older which is okay. She is a great big sister and we are always there for each other no matter what. I love her for that.

"Are you ready? Do you want me to drop you at school?" She asked taking her keys and heading outside.

"That would be nice, thank you."

The drive to school was quiet, but comfortable. When we get there she ask "Are you ok?"

I give her a tight hug. "I am fine. Thanks Crystal! Just had a mental break down from school stuff. I love you." I release her and open the car door.

"Don't be a stranger little sis. My ears are open if you need someone to talk to. Good luck!" She said, sprinkling me with some luck dust. This is something we have always done as kids. It just stuck with us and we do it here and there through life moments. It can come in a form of a hug, a bump or the traditional sprinkle. It's just our thing. I am going to need some.

Mason walks into class on time and heads straight to our seat. He eyes look tired. He gives me a little smile, but I break our eye contact and face the teacher in front of the class. He takes his sit and the teacher begins teaching.

"Mira" he says my name in the only way he could. The only way that makes my heart flutter.

"Please don't. I said, avoiding eye contact and trying not to cry again. I did that enough last night.

The teacher tells us we have the whole class to work on our project due on monday.

Shit, I totally forgot about the project.

"Are you even going to talk to me to do this project." He asked with irritation and anger in his voice.

"Of course. We need to pass the class" I spit out at him.

"You are being the most stubborn person ever, you know that Mira? I can't even wrap my mind around what I have done or why you are punishing me." He said, raising his voice.

"Mase" I called him, but quickly corrected myself. "Mason, We need to work on our project." I said not even acknowledging what he just said to me.

"You can also go somewhere in the building and work on this right now." The teacher announces.

I pack my books and walk out the door without even letting Mason know what I am doing. When I get to the door he starts following behind me. I walk to the other side of school and through a couple small door to a secluded part of the science department. I really don't want any rumours flying around the school about Mason and I, especially after the incident with his friends yesterday. I just want to go back to being a wallpaper.