Part 58

Sidharth's P.O.V. 

After breakfast, I went with Sana to her office since she had some work to do and then we were going to choose wedding invitation cards. While I waited outside her office, at the car, I looked around and surprisingly saw Anita. She stopped and looked at me frowning. Twisting her mouth at me, she left and went her way. "What is she doing on this compound?" I asked myself confused. I ignored everything and continued waiting. Sana came to me smiling and asked, "Are you ready to go?" I nodded and opened the door for her. I went to the driver's seat and she directed me through the drive to the place. Reaching, we got out and went inside the store. The man began showing us all sorts of designs, colours, sizes and packages. For Sana, every one had one thing wrong about it each. "Do you do customised cards?" She asked after looking through a million cards. "Yes Ma'am," he said. "So why couldn't you say that earlier?" She said. The man looked at me frowning. "Don't stand there, give me a piece of paper," she said. He nodded and did as she asked. I felt a bit sorry for him. "Sorry," I mouthed to him. Sana glared at me asking, "What are you doing?" "Nothing. Let's design our card," I said. She drew out a plan of the card she wanted and smiled. Turning it to the man, she said, "I want this." The man took the paper and nodded saying, "Ok Ma'am. If you want, I can make a digital demo and email it to you so if you want anymore changes, you can notify me." "Great. This is the service I expected from you," she said smiling. We left the shop and she immediately scolded me, "Why were you telling him sorry?" "I just felt sorry for him," I said. "No need to. He only kept showing us useless cards and wasting our time," she said. "Ok. Yeah, I agree," I said not wanting to argue with her because it's obvious that she will win. 

"What agree? Why did you agree with me so quickly?" She asked. I stood looking at her in awe. "So, do you want to argue?" I asked. "Wow! Now it's I who want to argue," she said sarcastically. She was impossible. "Ok," I said raising both my hands, "I'm sorry. The mistake was the vendor. And I am also wrong. You are right." "Tell me something new," she said scoffing and walked to the car. I shook my head and sighed, following her. "What a cute couple," some girls said looking at me, "They are fighting so cutely." I stood and looked at them in shock. "What's girls problem with fighting?" I asked myself. I went to the car and we went to a bridal boutique next. Sana's mood completely changed to excitement as she smiled saying, "I told you right? I saw the perfect sherwani for you. Come and see it." We went inside and she looked around. "Here it is," she said showing it to me. It was nice. "Doesn't it look a bit heavy?" I said. "I know you might feel uncomfortable looking at it on the mannequin but you could give it a try and see," she said. "Ok," I said. She called one of the shop workers and requested that I tried it on. I did as she said and looked at myself in the mirror. It was perfect. It was not at all too heavy for too flashy. Exactly my style. I went outside and showed it to her and her eyes lit up. Her smiled got wider and she asked, "So, do you like it?" I nodded. She squealed in excitement and clapped happily. "Yes! We will take it," she said to the guy. Along with that, we bought matching accessories, shoes and a sword. "Aren't you going to show me your clothes?" I asked. "Nope. I want to surprise you on our wedding day with what I am wearing," she said. I sighed saying, "Ok." We went home and had lunch. After lunch, we were sitting by the pool, relaxing. 

"I am thinking of coming back to Amritsar with you when you are returning this time," she said. I looked at her excited and asked, "Really? Are you serious?" She nodded saying, "Yeah. You have been seeing about all the preparations single handedly all the while and now, my project is over. I think, I could come and stay until the wedding." "That will be great. It will also be a lot easier on me. I still can't seem to balance wedding prep and work together," I said. "You don't have to worry. I'll take care of everything," she said. "By the way, are you still attending the party tonight?" I asked. "Why?" She asked. "I'm just asking," I said. "Do you have some other plan?" She asked. "No, I'm asking because it's already three o' clock," I said. Sitting up, she said, "Really?" She looked at her phone and stood up saying, "I didn't realise it's so late. I'm going to get ready." I continued sitting there and relaxing as I won't take an entire hour and a half to get ready like her. Half an hour is more than enough for me. "Sidharth," she called from the window, looking at me. I looked up at her. "Come," she said. I went up to her room and saw her dress unzipped in the back as she held it up in front. "Help me zip this up please," she said. "Where's Jassi?" I asked. "She went home early," she said. I went up to her and without touching her skin, I zipped the dress for her. She threw her hair back and it hit my face. I looked at her through the mirror and she looked stunning. She sat down in front her mirror and began doing her makeup while I laid on the bed and looked at her. "What are you looking at so?" She asked. "Girls do makeup with so much of concentration and focus that it seems like they are working on some art master piece," I said. "Well, it is a work of art. We are painting on our face, in a way," she said. "But, why so many steps?" I asked. "Everything does something different in enhancing your face. Concealer conceals and brightens, contour enhances your natural features and highlight make the light hit the right spots on your face," she said. 

"This is way out of my league," I said, "Give me some surgery tools and I can exchange and modify organs in a person but this, this is way harder than a surgery." "I'll teach you eventually," she said. "Let's see," I said. After about a hour of looking at her, I went to my room and got ready. I went back to her door and knocked. "You can go down. I'll be there in a minute," she said. I went downstairs and Mom just reached back from work. "Hi handsome," she said, "Are you guys ready?" "I am. Your beauty queen daughter isn't," I said. We both chuckled. "Atleast the time and effort put in was worth it," Sana said at the top of the stairs. I looked up at her and stared, mesmerised at how beautiful she looked. My eyes couldn't seem to move or blink and all I could see was her. "How do I look?" She asked. "Beautiful," came out my mouth. Mom snapped her fingers in front me, breaking my gaze and I looked at her, embarrassed. Giggling, she said, "You two go and enjoy yourselves. Have a good time." Smiling, I held Sana's hand and escorted her out to the car. I opened the door for her and got in the driver's seat. It was a bit of a long drive and by half six, we were finally there. We went in together and the garden looked absolutely stunning. "How do you like it?" She asked. "Looks exactly like something you would do, perfect," I said. She smiled and we went inside. She approached a middle aged couple and introduced me as her fiancé. "Oh! Yes, I remember. The day we were in Amritsar and he barged inside," the man said shaking my hand. "I'm sorry about that," I said. "What's there to be sorry about? You were there to meet your fiancé. You have all rights," he said. "You two look like a match made in heaven," the lady said. I felt a bit amused at her statement. Not that it was funny, but punishment and heaven don't exactly go together.

We walked around the party and Sana spoke to everyone she knew while I stood behind her. I felt extremely proud to be standing with her and admired the way she spoke to people and took compliments for her hard work, modestly. She never failed in also reminding people that it was not only her hard work but everyone on the team. Knowing, unknowingly, I was falling hard in love with her again tonight. When I met her for the first time, she was this dependant and vulnerable girl and today, I see a completely different woman standing in front me. "This is my fiancé, Dr. Sidharth Shukla," she said introducing me to some people. I smiled and shook their hands. "You are a lucky man Dr. Shukla. You have a beautiful partner," the lady said. Smiling, I said, "Thank you." Sana looked at me smiling and asked, "Are you hungry?" "I'm ready to eat when you are," I said. "I'm starving," she said pouting. "Ok, let's have dinner then," I said. We went to the buffet and took food and sat at a table. "You really did a great job with this garden. I'm so proud of you tonight. My heart is overflowing with love for you," I said. "Thank you. And thank you for coming with me tonight. Having you with me is making this entire night even more special," she said. "I'm glad I came to see as well," I said. After dinner, the owners of the house went to the centre of the crowd and asked for everyone's attention. "Friends and family, firstly, tonight I want to thank you all for joining us in our party. The beautiful garden and landscape you all are enjoying tonight was done by none other than this beautiful young woman, Sana," the man said holding his hand out to her. Smiling, she went to the stage. "Thank you, my dear. For the wonderful job you did in making this house feel like home. Thank you for making our home beautiful," he said. 

Everyone clapped and I applauded the loudest. "Thank you. All of this you are seeing wasn't done solely by me. It was a team's effort and hard work and more importantly, the people behind each of us, pushing and encouraging us all. For me, it was two persons. Two very special persons. One, my Mom, and the other, my fiancé, Sidharth," she said, making me out. I felt conscious as everyone looked at me. "Thank you for always being my support system," she said. I smiled and shook my head. "I think we should clear the floor for this beautiful couple!" The man said. Sana came to me and held my hand. "I know it's a man's job asking for the dance but, let's make tonight different. May I have the honour of dancing with you?" She asked. I chuckled and followed her to the dancefloor. Holding onto her waist, I slow danced with her. "What was the need to make me out in front of everyone?" I asked. "You deserve credit too," she said. "All the credit I need is from you. That's enough. Tonight is your special night. Don't give the limelight to someone else. Not even me," I said. "Shh..." she said resting her finger on my lips, "I don't want to be in any limelight without you by my side. I want you with me, just like you were throughout tonight." "Why are you so stubborn?" I asked. "Because I love you," she said. "I love you more and you know that," I said. Chuckling, she rested her head on my heart saying, "I know." I held onto her tighter and continued dancing with her.

__________________

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed that update! Please vote, comment and share my story! Until next time! Bye!