eight

y/n.c: hey. i thought about it, and i guess i want to meet up. i'm tired of wondering and i deserve some answers. are you free this weekend?

arianagrande: that's great!!! thank you so much, y/n. and yes, i'm free this weekend. can you come to mine saturday? i'd rather not discuss this in public

y/n.c: sure. what time?

arianagrande: 5??

y/n.c: sounds alright with me. talk to you then.

--

saturday

ariana was shitting her pants nervous. it was four thirty, and y/n was going to be at her house in thirty. ariana knew she'd probably arrive at exactly five, because she was never late, especially for something so important.

she tried to busy herself by reading a book, but that failed as she checked her phone every five seconds.

4:36

4:49

4:59

the doorbell rang at 5:01. ariana jumped up as she ran to the door, quickly stopping herself to look at the mirror on the wall. she wiped under her eyes to fix any mascara that flaked and fixed her hair, pushing it over her shoulder.

ariana sighed, calmly walking over to the door so y/n didn't hear her running like a mad man. she looked up at the ceiling as she tried to control her breathing before she grabbed the door, unlocking it before she gently pulled it open.

her breath stuttered as she saw y/n standing there, dressed in a pair of jeans and a nice sweater that ariana knew she usually wouldn't wear. there was a nice watch around her wrist, a necklace dangling from her neck that was hidden under her sweater, and her fingers were completely decked out in silver rings.

ariana bit her lip as she looked up at y/n, trying her hardest to send her a small smile. "h-hey. come in, please." she said softly, stepping back to let y/n inside.

y/n dragged her fingertips against her eyes as she walked in. "hi." was all she said as she stopped behind ariana, turning to her as she shut the door behind her.

ariana made sure to lock the door again as she flipped around, looking to y/n. "um. how about we go to the living room, yeah?" all y/n did was nod.

ariana chewed the inside of her cheek as she walked to the living room, y/n following a few steps behind her. as they made it to the room, ariana looked behind her shoulder. "do you want some water? maybe coffee or juice? tea?"

y/n stared at her blankly, shaking her head as she crossed her arms across her chest. "i'm fine. can we just get to it? i don't want to be here longer than i already have to be."

her cold tone and her stance made ariana frown, but she knew she couldn't blame her for it. she nodded slowly, "yeah alright. um, h-have a seat, please." she pushed her hair behind her ear as she sat on the couch, turning her body towards y/n.

the other girl held her stance. "i'm okay here. just talk, ariana. please."

ariana could already feel her tears forming in her eyes as she pulled her arms around her stomach, holding it tightly like she had something to protect.

"f-first, i just wanted to say i'm sorry. i know how bad i hurt you that day, and i'm sorry. i really never wanted it to happen that way, y/n. and-and i'm sorry that i lied to you," her lip quivered as she remembered everything she saw about y/n the year following.

the photos of her leaving clubs and bars, clearly way too drunk to be thinking straight. she saw the sadness in her eyes in photo shoots and pictures she took when she ran into fans, no matter how hard and big she smiled. the worst thing was the videos from y/n's first concert in florida, two days after the breakup. y/n was trying to keep it together, but the second that 'sweet' came up on the track list, she broke down.