Moonbli, A Joke

The art is from LunarisDawn on Deviant Art. Credit to them.

Kinkajou's POV

Moon and Qibli were huddled by Sora's old window spot in the library. They were looking extremely happy, yet somehow nervous, like they were holding something back. 

It had only taken a day for the whole school to find out that they were a couple. 

Gossip travels fast.

Well a little faster than normal 'cause I was helping. You know, as any best friend should do. 

The library cave was illuminated by the sunlight streaming in through a window in the corner. The light made all the dust from the books sparkle in the air. It was absolutely beautiful. 

I was personally hiding behind one of the many bookshelves in the room. The aisle I was in was related to dragon eating habits in the days of the Scorching. How they found a enough books to fill an aisle for that, I have no idea.

The books were also all mostly second-level books-books for people at my reading level! I'm proud to say that I've moved up a reading level while at this school. I wrote my first letter to Queen Glory a couple days ago! 

I focused back in on Moon and Qibli. 

They were causally chatting about something, though I couldn't hear what they were saying. However, I could guess their emotions pretty well, even without being able to read their scales. 

So far they'd been nervous, excited, surprised and relieved.  There'd also been hints of love. Oh three moons they were cute!

Eventually, I got tired of watching them. I bounded toward the couple from behind the bookshelf, pretending I hadn't been watching them for the past ten minutes. 

"HEY GUYS!" I practically yelled, bouncing up to them. They both jumped and Qibli let out a shriek of surprise. I'd never heard his voice go that high before. 

"Who was that? Quiet in the library please," Starflight cried, whipping his head around. 

"It was Kinkajou, sorry," I whispered in his general direction. He stumbled a couple steps closer to us. 

I turned back to face my friends. "What's up?" 

Moon instantly flinched. "Nothing!" She stuttered, trying to smile. 

Though it quickly turned into a grimace. When Qibli said. "It's not like we're going on a date or anything." He laughed awkwardly.

"Three moons! You're totally going on a date," I smiled so wide my face hurt. 

Starflight muffled a sigh. "Kinkajou, what did I say about yelling in the-" Then it hit him. "YOU TWO ARE DATING?!" He yelled, completely forgetting his own rules about noise in the library. 

Moon covered her face in shame while Qibli gave another nervous chuckle. 

I felt bad. I'd made a mistake and now Moon and Qibli's pride was going to pay for it. So as Starflight walked over to us, I tried to change the subject. It can't be that hard to distract Starflight, right?

"Hey Starflight, you're getting good at walking without sight. How do you do-"He waved his hand as if shooing away my speech. Okay, maybe it is that hard. 

"Don't change the subject," he said. "This is great! You know Sunny's parents were Sand-Nightwings. This is what we've been hoping for- less tension between the tribes! This is a great responsibility too, dragons will look down on you for this. Yes, very difficult responsibility. Of course Tsunami and Sunny are experts on this kind of stuff-with the Tamarin and Anemone drama still going on. They make such a cute couple..." He rambled on and I didn't bother paying attention to any of it.