13: i dont love you

The next day, you and jungkook went out to do some shopping. Jungkook didn't wanted to do shopping but you did. Jungkook hated shopping while you loved shopping. And somehow you convinced jungkook to come to shopping with you.

You went into a stall and looked around. A couple t shirts caught your eyes. You looked for jungkook and he was talking to someone on his phone.

You sighed and looked for the size for you and jungkook. You paid the bill and went to jungkook.

'Yes, I will be back in 2 days and as soon as I get back I will go through the file.'

He said.

Ugh can't he avoid work even during trips.

You thought.

Time skip ;

Next day:

Jungkook I bought something for us.

You said taking out the t shirts. You handed him the Mr one and you took the MRS one.

 You handed him the Mr one and you took the MRS one

'What is this?'

'Couple t shirts.'

'Why are you giving this to me?'

'Of course it's because we are a couple and I want you to wear it.'

'What? No way I m wearing it.'

'Please. Pretty please.'

You clasped your hands together and pouted while giving him puppy eyes.

'This is so cringe.'

Jungkook said embarrassed after wearing the t shirt. You hooked your arm with him smiling at him.

'I love this.'

You said while jungkook rolled his eyes. You both went to see few places and returned. You didn't leave jungkook the whole time and clinged onto him. You even clicked few pics with him. He didn't wanted to but you still took pics. In all the photos he had an uninterested expression but he looked so handsome.

For your surprise, he didn't push you away like he always did when you clinged onto him.

Time skip :

Two days later:

You and jungkook returned to Korea. Few days passed nothing much changed. But you can notice a little progression in your relationship. What changed is that he started eating your food which you take with you to the office.

Atleast something has changed.

You returned to home and freshened up. You made dinner and waited for jungkook. He didn't come while you were feeling hungry so you had your dinner alone like everytime. It was almost 12 and jungkook didn't arrive yet. You tried calling on his phone but he was not lifting. You called the office and they said jungkook left at 7:00 pm. You were confused.

Where would he go?

What if something happened to him?

You didn't know any of his friends. You were so worried for him. Another 30min passed but he didn't come. You were not able to sleep.

Then you called your mother in law.

'Mom, jungkook has not come home yet. Do you know where would he go?'

'Honey he may come home very late today.'

She said hesitantly. You knitted your eyebrows together...

'Why mom?'

'Today was the day riya left him. Every year when this day comes he drinks so much and comes home very late. Sometimes he stays in the bar. Please take care of him when he comes home.'

'Yes mom bye.'

You waited for 10min. You took your car keys and went to open the door but it was opened from the other side and you saw jungkook. He looked like a mess. Your nostrils hit the alcohol smell and you felt nauseous. His eyes looked red and he was stumbling.  His eyes were puffy . You held him and took him to the couch.

'Jungkook did you cry?'

You asked cupping his cheeks. He sniffled and looked at you. Your heart clenched seeing his hurt eyes.

'Is there any defect in me ?'

He asked you suddenly. You shook your head as no

'I loved her so much yet she just left me. She used me. She didn't love me at all. I am a fool. I loved her to an extent that I was ready to give everything to her she wanted. I never looked at other woman. She just used me and throwed me away. I feel like shit.'

He said sobbing. Your heart broke to see him like this. You hugged him.

'Am I not worth to be loved?'

He asked you. You pulled away and cupped his cheeks wiping his tears.

'She is not worth your love jungkook.'

You said and he chuckled.

'It's nice to hear that.'

'But why did she betray me? How could she ? I trusted her so much. She could have told me that she wanted money. Why did she let me believe that she loved me too. Why did she let me build my hopes?  I imagined my future with her.'

'She is not worth it Jungkook. You are not at fault. She is the bad one here. You are so precious and sweet angel jungkook. I respect your love for her. I admire your passion and care that you have for your loved ones.'

'Why did she have to play with my feelings? Why did she break me ? Is there anything wrong with me? Was I not enough for her?'

'Jungkook please don't blame yourself. You are so kind hearted. Any girl would be lucky to have you as her partner. She missed a precious angel in her life and I m glad that i got you. I don't expect you to love me back. I just wanna be a part of your life and make you happy. I m so happy that you are a part of my life. It doesn't matter if you love me or not, you are a part of my life and that's all it matters.'

'Really?'

'Yes jungkook. You really are an special one. You are a gem. Please don't think about yourself like that.'

'Am I really a gem?'

'Yes you are. A gem that I will cherish forever.'

He looked into your eyes.

'I love you.'

You blurred out. Jungkook chuckled bitterly.

'But I don't love you.'