𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 → 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂

💙

Tranquil sea salt flavoured the crisp air of the late afternoon flourishing before the shoreline. The source of such a soothing taste to every breath crashed to the golden sand carpeting the beach, soaking it from tiny white particles to darkened and dampened.

Ocean water stretched for miles, glowing in a pale blue at the edge of each wave alive in bubbled foam from the rhythmic movement's impact to the shore but growing more of a green as you gazed further and became captivated in its tropical beauty.

The final stretch of sea that snapped the horizon line from the sky dyed in a similar incredible blue adopted such a colour but deeper, dazzling like millions of tiny pearls had become lost at sea from the reflection of the blazing sun above to every wavelet.

Breezes through the calming environment didn't obtain the usual chill they would add to the heat cast upon the beach, being somehow warmer with a rippling effect that blurred the view of the sea inching closer and closer with every crash. It made the air feel stuffy even though you were outside, the sun not giving a care in the world.

The only location to this paradise that contained a cooler atmosphere stood like a box abandoned to the shoreline, but with an immaculate exterior that instantly eliminated this assumption. However, the air thriving inside still felt stuffy, but for other unnatural reasons.

(Y/n) sat to the bench in the women's lockers, the seat laced in a shining silver pattern pinned to the ground so low down it brought her knees to her chest. But in the humiliating attire her friends had persuaded her to wear, she didn't mind.

With an elbow balanced to her bare knee she anxiously nibbled her nails to gnaw away the nerves, wrecking the fresh golden varnish she'd slapped on this morning. It shared the shade of the shore, and at least it was something she was comfortable in being seen in public with.

A mirror was screwed to the wall in front of her, the paint laced to the lockers and private cubicles for the women of this sweltering day to change their fashionable outfits to something more convenient to the heat a vibrant turquoise.

It shared the hue of what (Y/n) wore behind her raised knee, and she was pleased she couldn't see herself in it, because at the moment it didn't feel like she was really wearing anything. A bikini - something she vowed to never leave the house dressed in, but as someone with the weakness of peer pressure, it just seemed to happen.

Bright cyan, still feeling rather small even though compared to what she'd seen other girls and her bribing friends in it was generous to keeping what she wanted to be hidden, hidden. Watermelons, dotted all over as little cartoon interpretations to give that tropical vibe. A ribbon, tieing the rubbery material around her back, uncomfortably tiny straps to hold it around her shoulders and neck.

"Come on, (Y/n), it's not just about that. It'll keep you cool in the heat!" Amy suggested, perched aside her to the bench in the same styled attire but a lot more revealing to suggest her confidence levels thrashing (Y/n)'s into the pit of sand.

"You don't have to wear it if you don't want to, honey. We're not forcing you." Rouge suggested, leaning to the lockers with a clear view of herself in a bikini shaped in a manner (Y/n) never knew to even exist.

She took a deep sigh to compose herself.

"No, no, I'll do it. Could I just wear something to maybe... hide a bit more? I feel too exposed at the moment." (Y/n) admitted, Rouge snapping her fingers decorated in jet black nail polish to signal an idea popping to mind.

She dug around in the many clothes and makeup and accessories that overflowed her bag balanced aside the bench, her hands burying deeper until some items flopped out from the pressure and loss of valuable space.