Chapter 34 - Snowball fight

It was now the day before the group would be parting for Christmas Break, obviously they would see each other during break but they just got used to seeing one another everyday. 

Avery and James made plans to go on a date and have the day to themselves. Unfortunately no students could make a trip to Hogsmead, fortunately James knew a way to sneak out. Although Avery already knew the way to sneak out, she didn't say anything since James seemed so excited to show her. Plus it seemed more fun this way.

Avery was wearing a striped jumper that was green and white that was tucked into her black jeans. She'd chosen to wear black boots that was pointy in the front, along with that she had a long white coat on. Meanwhile James had jeans on with a red jumper under his black coat.

"Hurry, Love! Please, I wanna show you before a professor sees us!" James excitedly said as he pulled her.

"I'm trying, chill!" Avery laughed as she moved her platinum blonde hair out of her face with her right hand due to her left being taken by her boyfriend.

.-.-.-.-.

The couple were now stood in Honeydukes with candy in their arms. They'd grabbed maybe 7 chocolate frogs, 4 liquorice wands, 2 boxes of Bertie Botts Beans, and many other candies that they didn't bother looking at what they were called.

Laughing, Avery looks at the boy next to her and asks, "Are we actually going to get all this?" 

"Uh, yes!" James said in an obvious tone as he looked her with a smile.

"How would we even eat all this by our selves?" The blonde smiles.

"Well, we're going to eat as much as we can, duh. Plus we can go to the Three Broomsticks and listen to all the- what is it you call it? Like the drama stuff?" The boy asks as they start walking to the counter to pay.

"Tea?"

"Ah, yes! We can listen in on all the tea, I heard that when the Hogwarts students aren't there that's when all the other couples come in and some end up fighting or.. well they are just gossiping." 

Avery hummed in response as they set all the candy down which had caused the cashier to look between the two, which the two smiled at the man in innocence. 

A few minuted later, the two are walking out of Honeydukes with two bags, one in each of theirs. 

"I could've payed for it all on my own, Aves." 

"I know but this is for the both of us, it's only fair." Avery and James were practically bickering in the store trying to decide who would pay until Avery just payed half since every time she'd try to pay James would snatch the money from the cashier. Finally, James had come with terms that she wouldn't quit so he finally gave in and just payed his own half.

Without knowing, the two let their hands intertwine with one another as they walked toward the Three Broomsticks. Walking in, James told the girl to go find a table while he grabs them drinks. Avery looked around for a nice table and easily spotted one since the hub wasn't really crowded yet. Smiling to herself she walked towards the table and sat down. 

Not even five minutes later James came over with two Butterbeers in his hands as he smiled down at the blonde. "I've got them!"

Clapping her hands, Avery got up and grabbed so he wouldn't spill either of them due to the way he was holding them. As she grabbed it, their hands brushed against one another causing both of them to blush. Avery immediately turned around to set the drink down while James acted as if something caught his attention.