Chapter 113

WARNING
A small and short mature scene ahead. Please skip the chapter if such content makes you uncomfortable.

***

"Oh, no..." Diana muttered in horror, her eyes widening as she tried to think fast.

     She didn't want anybody walking in, because it wasn't exactly a good sight, with her in a towel and Remus standing right beside her, and the shower still running beside them.

     "Diana?" The person called again from the other side of the locker room's door. "I know you're in there. I really need to talk to you. It's important."

     "Shoot! He's coming in!" Diana hissed quietly when she heard the locker room's doorknob turning.

     And so, in a quick motion and without thinking, Diana pushed Remus into the shower stall, closing its curtain over them, with the towel still wrapped tightly around her.

     The door to the locker room opened and Diana heard the person's footsteps as he walked inside. She didn't know which she was freaking out about more; the fact that the person was going to find out that Diana hadn't broken up with Remus and would tell Rosier about it, or the fact that she was half-naked in the shower with Remus.

     Diana wrapped her arms around herself to keep the now-wet towel from falling as she stood beneath the running water, glancing up at Remus. One look at him was enough to know that he was even feeling more uncomfortable than her, if anything. He had his gaze fixed on the opposite direction as her, his face turning as red as a fresh tomato while he tried to look at anything but her.

     "Diana?" The person called again. "Is it you in the shower?"

     "Regulus, is that you?" Diana questioned, cursing her luck over and over again.

     "Yeah." She heard him say right outside the shower stall. "Sorry for coming in like this. You always changed and showered in your own dorm, so I thought you had just come here to put your broom in the closet."

     "Well, I'm clearly in the shower, so you should just leave," Diana snapped, both mad at him for things he had done, and also scared that he would find out that she wasn't alone in that shower.

     "Okay. Okay. I'll leave. But I just need to say this," said Regulus, the guilt visible in his voice. "I'm sorry... I really am. I know you have no reason to trust me anymore, now that I'm... what I am. But I'm still the same person. I promise you. I'm sorry for many things, but I guess — I guess I'm most sorry for losing what we had."

     Diana didn't reply, her face falling as she took his words in, letting them sink in her heart.

     She heard him sigh, and then Regulus left the locker room, the door closing shut behind him.

     "Oh Merlin, that was close." Diana exhaled loudly, leaning her back against the shower's wall behind her.

Ever since Regulus had begun hanging around with Avery, Mulciber, and Snape, he had become a completely different person. And the last summer, he had officially become one of them.

A Death Eater.

Only sixteen, and he was working for the Dark Lord.

Diana had thought that Regulus was probably lost forever. But now, she wasn't so sure. He obviously felt the remorse. Was there still a chance to save him?

But Diana almost shuddered when she remembered something. Once someone becomes a Death Eater, there's no turning back. They either had to serve the Dark Lord until the day they died, or else, he would kill them.

     "Er... yeah... we got lucky he didn't find out," Remus said awkwardly, snapping Diana out of her thoughts. She had forgotten for a second about the real world around her.

When Diana looked up at him, she nearly snorted out with laughter. Just like her, Remus was soaking wet, from head to toe. Although, unlike her, he still had his clothes on.

Only then did Diana remember that she was still in her towel with nothing under it but her underwear, standing under the shower with her boyfriend.

Her heart began to throb. Without her own control, her eyes traveled downward, where Remus's wet shirt was now stuck to his chest, his firm figure visible against it.

"We... we should probably get going," he said awkwardly, still trying to avoid looking at her. "You know... Before someone else walks in again..."

"Yeah..." Diana nodded distractedly, her eyes fixed on the abs almost hidden beneath his wet shirt, while she had her hands holding onto the towel around her.

     The hot water kept falling on them both as they stood before one another, motionless, and yet all Diana could think about at that moment was to run her hand through his brown hair and pull him closer to her. She had never felt such burning passion inside her before.

      Clearing his throat, Remus turned around to open the shower curtain and get out, but before Diana knew what she was doing and whether this was a good idea or not, she briskly got a hold on Remus's arm, holding him back.

     "Remus, wait," she said quickly, her breaths coming out heavy as though it was the most difficult thing to do in the world.

     Remus halted, his breath hitching in his lungs. He slowly turned around, though he kept his gaze on the floor.

      Diana gulped, moving closer to him, even though the shower was small enough on its own. She placed both her hands on either side of his face, making him look up at her, until their eyes met.

     Her eyes traveled downward, this time stopping once her gaze fell on his lips. As though reading through her mind, Remus suddenly leaned down and smashed his lips against hers, kissing her hard.

     Diana moaned against his lips at the suddenness of the kiss before she could stop herself, but her voice was enough to drive Remus mad, as though awakening the beast within him.

     She still had the towel around her, but it maddened him even more to think that she was wearing nothing underneath it.

     The next moment, without breaking the kiss, Remus suddenly grabbed onto Diana and picked her up, slamming her back into the wall behind her. He deepened the kiss as she wrapped her legs around him, while the water kept falling.

     Diana ran her hands through his hair, pulling him closer to her even though there was no barrier between them except for the soaking fabrics against their bodies.

     Diana didn't know how long they were like that, kissing as if it was their last day on earth together, but Remus at last pulled back, catching his breath.

      He placed her back down, though her back still remained locked between his body and the wall behind her. She felt the disappointment filling her up. She didn't want it to end. She didn't want to stop.

     Remus looked just as flustered as she did, but this wasn't how he wanted to be with her the first time. It wasn't proper, so he had to be the one to stop it.

     "Why did you stop?" Diana frowned up at him, still feeling out of breath.

     Remus only shook his head, breathing heavily. "Not like this."

     "Then like what?" Diana rolled her eyes playfully, but Remus only chuckled.

     "We'll see," he whispered with a smile, leaning down to press his soft lips against her forehead.