Chapter 50: 73584

"What did you say?" A man wearing a lab coat stands up. Shock and fear were evident in his face as soon as he heard the news from his colleague. "Children from Gracefield Orphanage escaped last night? How did this happen?"

"Yes, even 22194 escaped last night, if Ratri failed to capture him, we'll be in a big problem. The Queen won't let it slide," The man told him. "Damn it, those kids are monsters, aren't they? I taught 73584 is already a monster, but it seems like she raised her children more capable than her."

Smee who heard the news clenched his fist as soon as he heard it. He suddenly took a deep sigh before calming his breath. "How can this happen? It's too early..." He whispered the last part. "This is too early."

"Don't worry, Mr. Ratri already send a party to find them in the forest, no matter how smart they are, all of them are still kids," The scientist commented.

BLAGG!

"Are you underestimating those kids?" Smee asked his colleague with a stern face. He frustratingly brushed his hair before walking towards the door. "I'll go talk to Peter, make sure to look after the subjects properly."

Smee closed the door with force.

"Geez... What's his problem?" 

Smee took out his phone from his pocket as he walked towards the exit of Lambda. The workers of the lab greeted him respectfully but Smee decided to ignore them. Smee asked one of the workers to ready a car for him.

It's impossible that I am the reason for this change. I have never done things that will directly affect the orphanage.

Who's responsible for this change?

Smee asked himself as he started his engine. His hand suddenly paused when he suddenly recalled someone. It was the time when he heard that someone from Gracefield Orphanage became the youngest mom-in-training...

A little child with a blond hair...

Smee recalled that he met her in Ratri's Office. He knows that the child will go to Goldy Pond that's why he gave her a 'Promised Pen'.

The child named Conny...

Conny...

"Conny..." Smee mumbled. "That child was supposed to die... I am certain that she's also like me. Is she responsible for this big change?" 

The man cackled with a bitter smile. 

"I wish I had guts like hers... What a brave person, just like her..." His face suddenly became cold as he frowned while looking at his phone. Smee went to his contacts and decided to call Peter. "But she's reckless..."

Smee frowned when Peter Ratri didn't answer his calls. The man gritted his teeth as he send a message to the Head of the Ratri Clan.  After messaging Peter, Smee threw his phone into the backseat as he accelerated his engine.

"I'll kill you myself if you did something unforgivable, Ratri," Smee mumbled as he fixed his glasses. A low grunt escape from his lips as he clenched his fist to the steering wheel.  "Don't do something that will make me angry."

"I followed you every order without any hesitation."

His eyes became colder as soon as he saw the entrance of the farm. The guards welcomed him respectfully as they opened the gates for him.

"Where's Peter? He's not answering my calls," Smee asked Peter Ratri's secretary as soon as he went out of his car. Peter's secretary took a deep sigh before averting his eyes from the intimidating Scientists.