Despair- SJ

Daughter reader - 17
Mamma Scar-

Tw: angst

Scarletts pov:
I'm shooting all this week and there is a huge heatwave so it's just so hot and I feel gross all the time. Y/n has just finished college for the year and is on a study week and I'm just letting her get on with it. She went to the dentist earlier so I'll phone her on my lunch break.

Scar: " hey baby how are you?"
You: " I'm good how are you?"
Scar: " just a bit hot, everything alright at the dentist"
You: " yep everything is all good. Also I am working a 12 hour shift at work on Wednesday because everyone has covid and is off so they need someone to cover"
Scar: " y/n. Really. Have you thought about it. Your going on holiday with your dad next week..... we are seeing Nan on Saturday. My god you are so selfish. You are putting everyone at risk by going in. This week is a study week. You aren't supposed to be going out, you are supposed to be STUDYING. For fuck sake, I let you start to have a bit of control over your life then you go do this. I cannot believe it I despair with you. Goodbye"

She didn't think about this at all. Her nan is vulnerable to covid so I'm going to have to cancel and it's her birthday. And the amount of money her dad would've wasted if they can't go on this trip. She doesn't think about anything. I am so angry with her.

Your pov:
I give up with her. She can go all pyscho on me, I'm just trying to help out at work because they have no one. What's so bad about that?

- time skip-

I'm sitting at home and Colin and Rose are cooking dinner together and I'm just dreading when mum gets in.

Colin: " you ok.... Don't worry about her, you have done it now, no more harm can be done. Own your decision ok."

I am go upstairs to just prepare myself, mama is scary when angry.

The front door slams and I hear Colin and mum shouting.

Scarlett: " CAN I REALLY NOT LEAVE YOU TO JUST COOK DINNER. ITS NOT THAT DIFFICULT"
Colin: " let's just eat. Y/N DINNER"

I go downstairs and go outside so we can eat together. I sit down and it's silent.

Scarlett: " I cannot listen to your chewing Colin."

She walks off with her plate back inside.

- time skip-

I'm sitting in my room talking to Rose about her day at school.

Scarlett: " so.... IVE CANCELLED WITH YOUR NAN AND IM SO MAD AT YOU. ALL YOU THINK ABOUT IT MONEY LIKE YOUR DAD. I CANNOT WITH YOU. YOU ARE SO SELFISH. THINK ABOUT HOW YOU ARE PUTTING YOURSELF AND EVERYONE ELSE AT RISK AS WELL AS THE HOLIDAY WITH YOUR DAD NEXT WEEK, ALL OF IT WASTED BECAUSE OF YOUR STUPID DECISIONS."

Scarlett: " stand there and don't say anything as per usual. That's it give me your iPad, phone. This is a study week so you can spend the evening studying."

I roll my eyes.

Scarlett: " DONT YOU DARE ROLL YOUR EYES AT ME"

I slam my door and she opens it and says to leave it open. I decide to start with my college work as I have nothing better to do.

I get her points, I do, I didn't think of that. But also I working in a nursing home, they need help. I didn't think of the money, I just wanted to do what was morally right.

I text dad explaining whats happened and he agrees with mum but says he gets where I was coming from and that he's not angry.

Mum has gone out for a walk and rose comes in and then gives me a hug.