36| Mine

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Mine

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 36: Mine (Jules's POV)

My phone continued buzzing on the nightstand, my alarm ringing for the third time but I refused to wake up. Despite doing nothing exhausting, I was exhausted. 

Christian finally shuffled and let out a soft groan while I bit down a laugh. Pulling his leg off of mine and removing his arm from my waist where he spooned me, he reached forward blindly and shut off the alarm before falling back into bed, his arm going back where it was. 

"The cuddling is getting a bit excessive, don't you think?" I asked without opening my eyes. 

"That's convenient, isn't it? You're sleeping when you want to cuddle and awake when I want it instead," he mumbled, his voice hoarse and scratchier than usual when it reached my ears as a sleepy murmur. 

"It doesn't mean anything, don't get distracted," I replied. 

"It's a habit, Milaya," he responded. 

Taking a breath, I pushed the covers off and took his arm, unlatching it from me. "We need to get ready." 

He sighed in disappointment but didn't say anything else as he simply watched me get up and grab some clothes for today before going into the bathroom. 

I brushed my teeth, splashed some water on my face, and put sunscreen on everywhere before finally getting dressed and then pulling my hair out of the braid it was in, letting the waves flow down my back. With one last look in the mirror, I analyzed my clothes, eyeing the rose pink long satin skirt that had a slit up my entire right leg, and then the matching dusty champagne satin top with a cowl neck.

"Good enough," I mumbled to myself before walking out of the bathroom and grabbing the beach bag our hotel offered. "Christian, get up, come on. We can't be late." I moved back into the bathroom and grabbed two towels for us before bringing the sunscreen out and tucking that into the bag as well along with my bikini. As I stood upright and faced ahead, Christian was walking over with his clothes in hand. Moving to the side, I made room for him. 

Despite that, he touched my waist, his hand gliding over the fabric as he walked past me with a little devious smirk. 

He's having too much fun with this. 

Christian was out within minutes, his swim trunks in hand before he tucked them into the beach bag. I took in what he wore from where I sat waiting on the bed. He wore a linen white full-sleeve button-up that was loose and flowy with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and matching white linen pants. My eyes followed him as he walked around, gathering his phone and wallet and hiding them at the bottom of the bag before doing the same with my phone. 

The last thing he did was grab his sunglasses and put them onto his shirt before he grabbed mine off where they sat at the desk and walked over, standing up and towering in front of me. He opened them up and placed them on my head. "There you go. Are we ready to leave?" he asked, glancing around once to make sure we had everything. 

"Yeah." I stood up and reached for the bag only for him to scoop it up and hold it out of my reach. 

"I've got it." His gaze dropped to the rings on our fingers. "Maybe we should take them off."