Moving In

We soon arrived in Nice airport and after collecting our suitcases we wheeled our way to the train station just outside the terminal. After struggling to load our suitcases into the small luggage compartment both Emma and I slumped into our seats, slightly exhausted after our plane journey.

I opened my can of Red Bull I purchased in the airport before offering some to Emma which she reluctantly took from me

"And it's already started" I laughed

"Well you wouldn't let me stop for a coffee so this is my last resort"

"We're on a tight schedule, you know I don't do being late" I warned

Soon after our train pulled away from the station and the last stage of our journey began. We spent around 15 minutes taking in the views of our surroundings, allowing the feeling to actually set in we would soon be living in one of the most beautiful cities in the world. A voice carried through the train carriage which peaked both of our interests.

"Thé? Café?"

"There you go, you can get your coffee and practice your French at the same time" I nudged Emma

"I don't know any French" she panicked "Should I?"

"You mean we've moved to a French speaking country and you didn't even try DuoLingo?" I laughed as she shook her head stressed

"Thé? Café?" the attendant had finally reached our seats

"Je voudrais un café s'il vous plait" I smiled back at him

"Très bien mademoiselle" he replied as he poured the drink, my accent clearly giving away I was not a native French speaker

20 minutes later we arrived in Monaco train station, unloaded our luggage from the train and scouted out a taxi rank. The taxi driver helped pack our suitcases into the boot of his car before taking us on the 5 minute drive to our new apartment.

As we pulled up to the apartment the estate agent was already waiting for us outside talking on his phone.

"Oui, salut, à bientot" he spoke into the phone before hanging up to greet us "Afternoon ladies, how was your journey?"

"Quicker than expected" Emma beamed at the handsome estate agent

"I'm Emmanuel" he introduced as he shook our hands "Let's get you moved in"

He took us up to the third floor, thankfully the apartment had a small lift for moving in, and unlocked our front door letting us in. We had only seen photos of the apartment before putting the rent deposit down so we were unsure what to expect however we were pleasantly surprised.

"Jen!" Emma gasped "We've got a balcony! That wasn't in the photos" she exclaimed before taking a photo for instagram.

emmasmithh

Liked by jenwalker and 57 others

Monaco nous sommes arrivés

"Have you just used Google Translate for that insta caption" I laughed

"That's what it's designed for, pretending you're cultured" she shrugged

Emmanuel cleared his throat to interrupt our conversation and informed us he must leave however the storage company would be here within the next hour with our belongings. We thanked him as he left before turning to each other

"Monaco baby!" we shouted in sync as we jumped about excitedly

We then spent the next half an hour unpacking our suitcases to be slightly organised before the storage company came. The doorbell ringing informed us they were downstairs and after 4 lift rides all our belongings were in the apartment to be unpacked. We worked together and after 3 hours the apartment looked somewhat presentable and we felt we had earned a glass of wine.

We walked down to the supermarket along the road to get ourselves a bottle of wine, cheese and crackers, crisps, orange juice and pastries for the morning.

jenwalker

story posted

story posted

After finishing the bottle and feeling it go to our heads after a long day, we took ourselves to bed to prepare for a day of exploring Monte Carlo tomorrow.

~ Author's note ~

Another short filler chapter but we're now moved in to our Monaco apartment and ready to start one of the most exciting years