Chp-28

Author Pov

Beautiful.

That was the first thing he thought as soon as his eyes met her fragile figure awkwardly walking down the stairs. Hazel felt uncomfortable with all the attention she was getting. Especially when everyone gave her different looks.

She was wearing a knee-sized half-white dress fully covering her arms

She was wearing a knee-sized half-white dress fully covering her arms. The dress had no embroidery or any design on it. It was a simple dress reaching slightly below her knees. She looked so simple yet beautiful.

Creed blankly looked away, Ella pressed her lips together to not laugh out at Hazel's simple dressing. And Cyrus. Well, his case was different. He was looking dreamily at her.

She was dressed up in an extremely simple dress. But still, it made him admire her beauty. She looked different, beautiful, and decent. He expected her to wear something cheap and he wasn't wrong even though the dress she was wearing wasn't much expensive but she knows well how to pull it off.

He examined her from head to toe. She was wearing matching shoes and her hair was styled in a messy side braid. He kept on staring at her without blinking. How can someone look so beautiful even after putting no effort?

"You're gonna wear this?" Ella's voice brought him back from daydreaming. He rolled his eyes looking at Ella with annoyed eyes. Can't this woman just shut the fuck up! If she wasn't this much important for this plan he wouldn't have minded throwing her out.

"It looks fine." Hazel's soft voice instantly caught his attention and instantly his annoyed eyes turned amused ones.

Analise already told her that this dress wouldn't be the best choice for such a luxurious party but Hazel found it fine. She had never attended parties but for her, the dress seemed fine enough.

But after seeing Ella's dress she knew Ana was right. Ella's shimmering gown screamed money and style while Hazel's decent dressing whispered decency and simplicity.

Her eyes hesitantly went to Cyrus whose eyes were already eating her with his dark gaze. He looked like he will pounce on her anytime. His eyes always scare her. She dropped her gaze and fidget her fingers.

Cyrus took two steps near standing in her personal space. Ella smirked waiting for Cyrus to lash out at Hazel for wearing such a cheap dress. She waited and waited but nothing. Minutes passed away with him staring at her silently.

Hazel gulped watching his two fingers being guided down her chin. He gently pulled her face up to look in his eyes and Hazel with fear did. His eyes weren't filled with anger or rage. He was looking at her with different emotions that she didn't recognize.

"You're looking like a doll." He whispered and this snatched the smile from Ella. Creed pursued his lips turning his back to the couple.

"My tiny doll." Hazel blinked looking away. He was making her more uncomfortable. What kind of compliment was that? Creepy compliment!