|12| v a n i l l a

There's always something about ice cream that makes me feel so good. Maybe it's because of the coolness it gives off when it hits my tongue and as it slowly melts. The creamy flavor that makes me moan silently and shut my eyes as I hold onto the spoon handle tightly or maybe, it's just the perfect sweetness each scoop brings.

If there's one thing in this world that I couldn't do and probably can never accomplish, that would be choosing between Cookies N' Cream and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. It's like choosing between Francisco Lachowski and Sean O'Pry-just impossible.

It has always been my problem since I was a kid. The first thing that I liked though was Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough but when my older sister, Camille let me get a lick of her Cookies N' Cream cone, confusion started to kick in. Choosing suddenly became a hard task.

Just like now, as I sit in a comfortable, pink upholstered cone-like chair of Ice Cream Wonderland and scan the menu. I pursed my lips tightly together to concentrate further and to be able to make a choice.

I'm supposed to order Cookies N' Cream earlier! But...Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough seems nice too...ugh!

It actually surprised me that Austin still insisted that we go to Ice Cream Wonderland, the most popular ice cream parlor in our small town. Even after I both got us in trouble, but hey, it's not like I'm complaining. It's Ice Cream Wonderland after all.

Ice Cream Wonderland is known for its heavenly selections of ice cream and its sweet interior. With pink and yellow striped walls, waffle tables, ice cream chairs, cherry chandeliers and maple-colored hardwood floors. It sure do look like a wonderland of everything sweet.

Propping my elbows onto the waffle table wearily, I placed the pink and yellow striped menu down. Tapping my finger lightly against the laminated paper of choices.

"Have you made a choice ma'am?" The waitress with green eyes and bright red hair that reached past her shoulders asked. Tapping a pencil against her notepad.

I shot her an apologetic grin. "I'm sorry can you give me five more minutes..." I drawled out, roaming my eyes over her name tag that's pinned onto her pink uniform. "Bree."

She gave me a small smile and nodded affirmatively, hands still clutching the notepad and pencil as she move her eyes to Austin who's seated across from me. "What about you sir?"

"Vanilla. Double scoop," he muttered, giving back the menu to Bree who scribbled his order away onto her notepad and grinned at both of us. "I'll just let my coworker get your order later. Is that alright?"

I agreed, nodding. "Yeah sure. Thanks."

I watched her leave before staring back at the menu placed in front of me. "Hmm which one?" I murmur to myself.

"Seriously? You can't choose?" Austin bewilderingly asked. Both of his eyebrows shot up as he gape at me.

"What? It's not easy to choose between these flavors."

Releasing a snort, he just rolled his eyes and leaned in against his purple ice cream cone chair. Muttering something that sounded like 'girls'.

Completely ignoring him, I rested my hand in my palm and pondered on which flavor to choose. I looked at the pictures of both flavors, thinking that it would help me in choosing which flavor is more suitable for today.

Hmm...

"Hi sir, hi ma'am! May I- Austin?" A cheery voice greeted, making me abruptly lift my eyes from the menu. Only to see Tori Peterson, Austin's friend, in a pink polo shirt just like all the employees from here, wore. With a name tag that says Tori pinned onto her left chest. In her hand she held a small notepad just like Bree - the waitress from earlier, had.