The Speed of Vampire

"Miss, why did you suddenly changed your plan?" Li Wu asked as she and her sister followed their Miss.

"What plan?" Ying Yue asked in confusion as she tried to figure out the direction of the Capital city.

The twin sisters actually believed that their Miss did not understand the meaning of Li Wu's question, therefore, Li Qi decided to elaborate.

"What Li Wu is trying to ask is that why did Miss suddenly change your plan of escaping from the Palace?"

Ying Yue stopped in her tracks as she turned to look at the two girls as she replied with an innocent tone, "What are you talking about? What escaping the Palace? Did not we just come out to take a stroll in the wilderness?"

Li Qi and Li Wu gapped at their Miss with their jaws dropped. Did their Miss lose her memories? Or was she playing with them?

Suddenly the innocent look disappeared from Ying Yue's face and in its place, there was an evil glint in her eyes.

"You two should not be talking about your Miss escaping the Royal Palace like this. What if someone overheard? That's why you should remember that we came out to take a stroll. Okay?"

Ying Yue patted both of them on their heads before she once again started walking.

It took the two girls quite sometime before they too came out of their shock and hurriedly chased after their Miss.

"But Miss, as long as you are confined in the Cold Palace, it's still a crime to step out of that shady manor. No matter whether it is just to take a walk around or whether to....escape the palace!"

Li Wu whispered the last part as she moved her eyes all around them as if to find someone hiding behind the bushes, spying on them.

"But which one of these is a bigger crime? A walk in the park or an escape plan?" Ying Yue asked as she kept walking.

They were almost at the edge of the forest that was surrounding the Capital City from the north side.

"Of course, the latter. But we are not taking a stroll in the park right now." Li Wu muttered softly as they all came to a stop at the very edge of the forest.

The huge wall of Capital City was visible in the distance. To reach the entrance gate of the city, they still needed to walk a few miles in the North direction.

However, there's a great problem waiting for them. How were they going to enter the Capital City in the middle of the night?

Li Wu voiced out the problem as they all stood there in silence.

"Miss, should we follow the same method for entering into the city that we used to get out of the city?" Li Qi suggested as she looked at her Miss with serious eyes, waiting for her order.

"That's not even possible. Where would we find a carriage at this time of the night? Moreover, the carriage that we used to come out of the city was specially prepared for us." Li Wu immediately recited the faults in her sister's suggestion.

"Then do you have a better idea?" Li Qi asked with an irritated voice.

"Of course, I don't have one! But your idea is definitely not good." Li Wu replied while shaking her head.

"You....!"

The two sisters got too occupied bickering with each other, that none of them noticed as their Miss disappeared from their side.

Suddenly, a sharp blow landed on the back of both of their necks, and immediately the two maids lost their consciousness.

Before both of them could fall on the ground, Ying Yue stopped their fall as she pulled them closer to her by their waists.

Both of her hands were wrapped around the girls, one on her each side. Being a Vampire, the two girls were like a few grains for her to carry.

Right at that moment, her attention was pulled towards the sharp sound of the eagle's cry that was flying above in the sky.

It looked exactly like a normal eagle but Ying Yue knew that it was anything but a normal eagle.

The eagle made a few small circles in the sky before it started flying towards the Capital City.

Ying Yue took in a deep breath before she tightened her hold on the two unconscious girls and the next second her silhouette disappeared into thin air.

Nope! She did not teleport. Even though she was a Vampire with a few unique and magical skills, unfortunately, teleportation was not one of them.

However, having the speed of Vampire that could help one travel hundreds of miles within a few minutes, was there really any need for teleportation power?

She jumped over the high wall that guarded the Imperial city and landed on the hard ground.

But rather than stopping, she raced towards the Imperial Palace, following the lead of the eagle that was flying in the sky.

She was so fast that no one could see anything. Not like anyone was present there to watch her at such a time of the night.

Other than the feeling of a rushing wind, her movements produced no other evidence of her presence.

It barely took her five minutes before she jumped over the wall of the Cold Palace and landed inside the first courtyard.

By the time she dumped the two girls in their supposed-to-be bedroom and made her way to her own, she realized that her new body was tired.

As a vampire, it was very rare for her to get tired so easily. That's why Ying Yue was left totally surprised.

The Heavens must be playing with her! How could she end up having such a useless body? Ah!

Hurriedly, she found a pair of white clothes that looked ages-old but were at least neat and clean.

She was too tired to take a bath as it probably needed a lot of energy to get the water from the well.

That's why she just changed into those fresh but old clothes and snuggled under the only thin duvet that she had in her possession.

The previous Jiang Ying Yue was definitely living a life of poverty and an ill fate. But the new Ying Yue was already forming plans to change her life and become boss of bosses.