Porridge Or Poison

Ying Yue stared at the wooden bowl that was sitting on top of the only table that was available in her room.

The problem was neither the lack of furniture nor the fact that instead of porcelain, the food was served in a wooden bowl.

After all, she was not really the Empress of the Hyuang Empire. Scratch that! Her life was probably even more miserable than the servants of the Palace.

Back to the point, the actual problem which was making Ying Yue's blood boil was the so-called food, or porridge to be precise, that she was supposed to eat.

The bowl was filled with soup like white-colored water with barely a few grains of rice in it.

What kind of poverty was this, Ah?

The porridge disgusted her to such a level that she would rather drink poison than eating that horrible thing.

Ying Yue moved her disgusted gaze away from the bowl of PORRIDGE and looked at her two maidservants who were staring down at their feet.

She was not angry at the two of them. The two girls were the only people of this new world whom she could trust.

"Look at me."

Somehow her voice came out soft and smooth even though she was ready to spill blood at the moment.

The body in which she was currently living belonged to a human, moreover, a weak human.

Even though she still possessed most of her Vampire powers, her new body was limiting the extent to which she could use her abilities.

Her new body was beyond malnourished. Instead of looking like a twenty-year-old girl, she appeared like a sickly patient in her teenage.

Since the body was not strong, it could not survive too much energy consumption, meaning that currently, Ying Yue was beyond exhausted because of overusing her powers the previous night.

Also, it was her first time sleeping on such a hard bed with next to no covers and blankets.

Her entire body was sour as she barely had slept throughout the few hours that she got to sleep after returning to the Cold Palace.

And as if she was not tortured enough yet, now she was supposed to fill her tummy with that so-called porridge.

Impossible!

The two girls followed the order of their Miss and raised their heads to look at the thin and also pitiful face that was supposed to be one of the most beautiful faces of the Empire.

The two sisters almost burst out into tears as their hearts filled with sympathy for their miss and anger for those who had wronged her.

"Miss, the Kitchen still has not sent rations even when this servant went to remind them a couple of days ago. This was the only thing that we could prepare....."

Li Qi explained as she and Li Wu immediately kneeled on the hard floor after seeing the angry expression of their Miss.

"Miss, these servants are not capable enough. Please punish us!" Li Wu said as she and her sister bowed their heads.

The two sisters had always been sad about the fact that in the past five years they had constantly failed in their duties.

They could not even provide enough food for their Miss, what's the point of serving her then?

How could Ying Yue not understand the sincere feelings of her two cute maids?

Her frustration disappeared as she asked the girls to stand up.

"So Chef Qiu is finally ready to starve me to death. First, the Royal Kitchen and now even the servant's kitchen is ready to ignore my existence in this Palace. Alright!"

Ying Yue said in an angry tone as she bumped her right hand on the table, accidentally spilling the clone of the porridge.

"Miss, be careful....!"

"Aaah!"

The horrified look on the faces of her maids made Ying Yue raised her eyebrows in confusion.

Was spilling porridge considered a bad omen or something?

"Wait! Was it the only batch of rice left in our kitchen?" She suddenly asked and looking at the panicked and sad faces of the two girls, she already got the answer.

"There's still some left in the kitchen. I'll go and bring a new bowl of porridge. Meanwhile, Li Wu will take care of....."

"No need."

Ying Yue stopped the girls as she stood up and moved away from the table. She did not want to look at that porridge any longer because she was afraid that she would end up vomiting.

It clearly disgusted her! There was no way that she was going to eat that thing even if she was starving to death.

"I want to take a look around the Cold Palace. You two have your breakfast and then find me. We have a lot of work to do." Ying Yue said as she started walking towards the door of her made-up bedroom.

She was really unable to understand the previous Jiang Ying Yue. The girl had been living in a small Palace with a total of five courtyards in it.

Even though the Cold Palace was not even as luxurious as any official manor, but it was still far better than the houses of the normal citizens or lower rank officials.

Not only did the girl let the people in power abuse her but she was not even strong enough to deal with those servants who came to bully her.

A sigh escaped through her lips as she thought about the previous owner of her body. All that she could promise to the previous Jiang Ying Yue was to keep her body in the best condition while making sure that her body and her two little maids had no longer to live a petty life.

In short, she was going to build a luxurious life for herself and the two Li sisters.

All that she needed was for the Imperial family and their servants to stay far away from her. She wanted to avoid them as much as she could.

Only if she knew!