11

" Mei chalati hu ( I'll drive)" she commanded in a raspy tone. The driver scooted away and she took his place. " Cigarette hai?" She asked him and he denied. " Aye cigarette bhot jyada hogaya( cigarette is too much)" dhruv began to say but shut up when she glared.

Yoongi grabbed Dhruv by the shoulder and cocked an eyebrow. " She'll kill me if I say anything" dhruv quivered. Alesha swerved through the turns at a speed that scared the members but assured them that she was in control of the situation. Jimin and taehyung clutched onto each other.

She stopped the vehicle at a roadside stall. She asked if anybody wanted snacks. " We're good" jin said surprising the rest. She got off and got loads of Vada pav for them nevertheless. She handed the wheel back to the driver. She handed out the food to the members which they reluctantly accepted as the uncomfortable silence still lapped them.

All nine of them except the driver of course was sitting with their feet in the aisle - meaning they could all see each other and all of them had their eyes on Alesha who sat on one of the empty seat and pulled a pack of cigarettes from her pocket making the eyeballs pop out of all their sockets. She pulled one out and looked at dhruv and offered him one which he refused.

She put it in between her lips and was about to light it up when her eyes met those of the members. It showed only one thing- terror. She sighed and pulled it out and broke it into half.

" I do it when I'm stressed. One puff and then I break it. I've hated cigarettes ever since I was born" she said out loud. She turned to look at the members. They still seemed shocked but seemed relieved.

" Why?" Yoongi voiced. " Why what?" She asked instead. " Why do it if you don't like it?" Yoongi asked. " I don't know. Bad habits die hard" she answered. " Where did the habit come from?" He questioned again. " I'm not a good person. I was a part of a gang. An unruly one" she answered leaning back.

" According to what the driver said, it's no small gang. The entire country knows about it" dhruv interrupted. " You're quite daring" she commented. " What gang?" Jimin piped up.

" You're already scared seeing me like this. I'm afraid you'll run away if you know about it" she added with a chuckle. " At least you're improving. You left the gang" yoongi said sounding unfazed.

" She told you?" Alesha asked looking up. Yoongi nodded. " Told what?" Namjoon probed. " That I left the gang that I practically founded and which may be one group that all parents across India are afraid their kids are going to fall prey to" Alesha answered in a casual tone.

" You could have done better things. " Yoongi advised. " I was a 14 year old blind in love. Teenage mind and it's recklessness. You expect me to be using my brains ?" She retorted. " Well technically, if you were smart enough to create a gang. You could use your brains" jungkook pointed out.