24: Bang

"Well fuck," Alex said, as Eddie ran away from the cut rope, disappearing from the two teens view. Dustin was crying out for him beside her, Alex knew there was no changing Eddie's mind. She understood it, wanting to prove he is a hero after everything that's happened.

But Alex had an idea, sure it may jeopardise the plan, but Eddie had already divulged so far it can't make too much of a difference. She turned to Dustin apologetic look in her eyes, "Try figure it out with Eddie," She said to him, backing away from the gate. "I've gotta get to the Creel house, we haven't heard anything from Erica or Lucas in a while, and Dustin if Max..." she trailed off, knowing the boy knew what she was leading to.

Dustin nodded so Alex broke out into a sprint out of the trailer, grabbing one of the bikes ditched on the front lawn and cycling as if her life depended on it. Alex could feel the cold air whipping her face, her breath was short and burned the back of her throat.

She peddled to the Creel house, taking a shortcut through the woods and hoping for the best.

It took almost eight minutes but she got there eventually, seeing a car pulled up outside the abandoned park. She couldn't see Erica nearby but she's almost certain that Andy's cap is just a bit further along from her.

Alex rushed into the house, in a frenzy, guitar still slung across her back, she didn't think to leave it at Eddie's. She burst through the doors, rushing through the house, to see who was inside, or to find Erica.

She couldn't find anyone on the bottom floor, it still has that creepy, unsettling feel. She moved through it quickly, it all looks the same, except from footprints in the dust. Alex just assumed they were from Lucas.

"Erica!" She shouted, hoping the younger girl would be able to hear her. "Lucas?" She was beginning to grow worried at the lack if responses.

She scouted the second floor, it all seemed good until she turned the corner, to reach the attic stairs. That isn't Lucas speaking, nope that's definitely Jason. Alex didn't look behind her, not seeing a figure frozen in confusion and rage.

~~

Max is floating in the air, Lucas is pounding his fists against Jason's face. Max's walkman is across the floor, completely destroyed.

Alex fell to her knees, "Max!" she cried, making Lucas aware of her presence. He didn't have time to question it because Jason tackled him, reigniting their fight. Alex looked away from them, Lucas could take Jason, or at least give him a good beating, her focus was on Max.

Alex bounced, thinking of a quick solution. She slid the guitar in front of her, putting her fingers on the strings and hoping she had heard the song enough times to know how it goes.

She looked to Max, floating in the air. She had no idea how long she had been like that, but it means something went wrong, she wasn't supposed to float, she was fighting off death.

Alex slid her fingers down the instrument, trying to remember how the song actually goes.

~~

Max struggled against Vecna, his claw-like hand over her face. El is across from her, just completely defeated as she looked at Max, her face turning purple from the lack of Oxygen from the plants slowly wrapping around her neck.