Chapter 31

Isabella Rose

The salty taste of the fry almost made me hum in satisfaction, but I held back after the embarrassment from last time.

"Do you think he can breathe back there?" I ask Valentino, regarding Antonio's unconscious body which was in the boot of the car we were in.

"I hope not" he replies lowly, his eyes scanning the Italian roads with familiarity.

"Well if he can't then he'll die, and then today would have been a big waste" I mutter, gazing out the window at the night sky.

After the jet landed, we immediately got into the car waiting for us and started travelling.

I was starving and asked him from beside me, if he could stop at McDonalds.

He just grunted in response, claiming I can eat when we return. That only made me frown and turn my head completely away from him.

A huge feeling of joy had spread through me, hearing him sigh and order the driver to drive to McDonalds.

I had to prevent a smile from appearing on my face, since he spoke in Italian which I supposedly didn't understand.

I didn't know why I was so happy. Perhaps it was because I was hungry or I didn't have it often.

However, deep down I knew it was because he listened to me, making my heart flutter slightly.

We both ordered a Big Mac and fries, and I must admit it felt normal in a good way, as we both sat down opposite to each other and started eating.

I did ask a few questions, but each time his responses were short.

"Do you rarely eat here? You know considering you're all rich and this is a cheap place" I had asked him, curious.

He looked at me with an 'are you serious look' making me shrug my shoulders.

"I don't come here often because this place isn't for me" he said, before drinking his coke.

"No shit sherlock. I mean look at you, standing out from the rest of us" I laughed.

It was true. He was wearing his pants and shirt, as well as a blazer. I insisted on him taking it off, although that wasn't possible due to the blood stains from earlier, still present on his shirt.

Me on the other hand, I was wearing simple black jeans and a black top, which we brought at the start of the day in Germany, considering that there was no way I was wearing that dress.

So when the few people who were here started staring, I knew it was him they were staring at. Especially some of the women who couldn't stop looking and twirling their hair.

Even the lady who served our food started smiling and giggling for no apparent reason.

The only thing which calmed the burn inside me was the fact Valentino didn't even seem to notice. Or perhaps he did, but disregarded them as if they were simply not there.

It made me feel better about it.

It was mainly silent after that, considering we were both starving. But not awkward.

Well maybe it was awkward at the end, when I found him staring at the corner of my lips.

I almost choked on my burger right then and there, as he raised his finger and wiped that area in a slow manner.

Not to mention the heat rushing between my thighs, as his eyes connected with mine whilst he brought the same finger to his lips, and sucked it.

It was very difficult to swallow the food in my mouth after that, as I was too busy flushing. And when I saw the amused expression on his face, I glared at him.