The Seeker

"You're the humans from the prophecy."

He dropped a bomb on us. I couldn't take all the stress, one thing after another getting thrown at me and I have no room to dodge or any protection. I was just supposed to withstand and I was at my breaking point.

George finally decided to use his voice. "Who are you?"

The man smiles. "I'm like you. Half and half, living in two worlds."

"What do you want with us?"

"I just have a couple questions. I want to... get to know you."

George raises an eyebrow. "How do we know we can trust you?"

"So many questions," he clicks his tongue. "Fine. How can you trust me? I am a human too. I know what you've been through. And I'm one of your chaperones. You can trust me."

George dead pans at the last comment. "I don't even know your name."

He scoffs and then looks shocked. "You're being serious?"

We both nod our heads in confusion.

"I haven't introduced myself yet?"

We shake our heads in unison.

He laughs at himself, smacking his head with his palm. "No wonder you look terrified. I mean, I guess I did basically teleport you to a different place and expose you all at once, but this whole time you haven't even known my name," he rambles on and I look over at George.

George shrugs his shoulders and shakes his head spinning his finger by his head indicating that he thinks this man is crazy.

"I'm Wilbur," he finally says.

"Oh good," George breathes. "Well I'm George and this is Dream."

I wave at smile awkwardly.

"Okay," Wilbur claps his hands together. "Now that we know each other, let's get down to business."

He swims to the bottom of the cave and gestures for us to follow. I let go of George's hand and we all sit on the rocky floor. Wilbur runs a hand through his dark hair.

"How long have you two been like this?"

I look up in thought. "I don't know, maybe a week and a half."

Wilbur nods. "Good good. And you know about the prophecy I've been talking about, yes?"

We both nod our heads.

"Who told you?"

I pause before answering. We don't want to get Sapnap and Karl in trouble do we?

"The Seer," I blurt, before George can answer.

He doesn't protest.

"The Seer?" Wilbur asks. "You've met him in person?"

"He was terrifying," George notes.

"What a special experience..." Wilbur trails off in thought.

I look at George again and he seems to be avoiding my gaze for fear of breaking his facade.

He continues, "I've been studying this prophecy for years, trying to decipher it, taking it to the Elders, reading about it in the human world as well... I never thought I would see it come to pass in my day."

"Wait," I speak up. "You've been studying this prophecy? So you can help us understand it a little more then?"

Wilbur looks up at me. "I can tell you everything I know and observed so far, if that's what you mean?"