~Fitz Has Road Rage (Fedex)~

Human AU because yes!! Also this could be considered the prequel to my Kam oneshot Laughing Gas. Go read that after this!

_______________________________________________________________________________

✩Fitz's POV✩

The humid air of the air was almost suffocating in this hot summer weather, when the sun beat down on every car to exist. And right now, I was really regretting getting a black car instead of a white one, when Biana told me that you had to clean the white ones more. Black paint attracted heat, though, so they both had their pros and cons. And in summer, the cons of the black cars were most noticeable and agitating. I should've taken Dex's advice and bought a blue one.

Speaking of Dex...a small figure in the distance sprinted towards the car, waving his arms frantically as he carried two bags of Barnes and Nobles books. I smiled and waved back, holding up the cold Starbucks drink I got him.

Dex opened the car door and brushed his sweaty hair from his eyes, handing me a bag of hardcovers and sighing in relief as he sat down.

"Oh my god, Fitz, guess what?" Dex squealed, holding up his own bag of books. "The manager let me buy two bags of books for a discount, since I worked extra hours. And I got you the history books on your reading list!"

I laughed as I peered into the bag to see the books I've been wanting to buy since spring. Not a laugh of amusement, but just a happy laugh. I leaned over and kissed Dex's lips as a thank you.

"Thank you so much," I laughed softly. Dex blushed a light pink, slightly turning his face away to hide his wide smile.

"You're welcome," he said, his eyes brightening as they landed on the milky iced coffee in the cupholder between us. "Aww, you got me Starbucks? You really didn't-"

"It was on the way," I protested with amusement. "And it's so hot outside today, so I thought it would be nice."

Dex grinned, his dimples on full display. "Thank you, Wonderboy. You were right, it was nice. Really nice."

I blushed a dark crimson color as he stared at me with bright periwinkle eyes. "It's just coffee."

"Still," Dex said, resting his feet on the dashboard in front of him. "Thank you. I had a hard day at work today, so it seriously made my day. I'm going to say it over and over again until you believe me, THANK YOU."

I chuckled nervously, shifting in my seat and blushing from head to toe. "Okay, fine, I believe you. Now take your feet off the dashboard, I'm gonna start driving." Dex grumbled, but complied, resting his feet on the car floor. "I'm going to need to start taking five bucks from you every time you do that."

"It's not unsafe!" Dex retorted. "It's comfortable, thank you very much."

"I read an article on The New York Times saying it actually increased the risk of you breaking your foot in a serious car accident, so no, it's not safe. And you can be comfortable with your feet on the ground," I explained firmly, turning on the car and sipping my iced latte.

"That's not fair, you've never gotten in a car accident, so we're fine," Dex protested playfully. I rolled my eyes.

"Dex, I got in a car accident last week."

"Yeah, but you didn't break your leg!" Dex pointed out, taking another sip of his iced coffee and leaning back in his seat, brushing his strawberry blonde bangs out of his eyes again.

"Yeah, because I had my feet on the floor!"

Dex opened his mouth, but chose to close it soon after. "Fair enough," he said finally. "But also, that car accident was totally the other dude's fault."

"It was!" I agreed, pulling out of the Barnes and Nobles parking lot. A dark purple car with tinted, extremely dirty windows cut me off, zooming out of the lot before I could, barely missing smashing into my license plate. I felt a ball of anger boiling up inside me, bubbling up to the surface. I clenched my fists and angrily slid the car window up.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR, DICKWAD?!" I screamed at the yellow car as Dex failed to hold in his snickers. The tinted windows of the car rolled down, revealing a smirking blonde boy that was coincidentally my best friend.

"Hey Fitzy! Nice to see you too!" Keefe grinned cheerfully, with one hand on the wheel and the other waving. A small silver banged boy sat in the passenger seat, looking extremely bored.

"Wonderboy, calm down- oh, hi, Keefe!" Dex yelled out the window. Keefe waved back as I seethed with fury.

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!" I screeched. Keefe smirked and shrugged carelessly.

"Um, I have a dentist appointment, and I'm late, sooooooooo..." Keefe dragged out his last word for a while, rolling his eyes around outside his window as he continued. "I'm kind of in a hurry."

"You're an asshole," I spat as Dex put his hand on my shoulder comfortingly. Keefe grinned widely.

"Thank you!" he said loudly, rolling up his window as Tam muttered something incoherent about cocaine. Dex laughed hysterically, banging on the dashboard and wheezing.

"It's not funny, that was seriously so rude of him," I grumbled. Dex stopped laughing, and smiled at me kindly. The anger in my stomach seemed to disintegrate into nothing but dust as he intertwined his fingers with mine.

"Well, he didn't hit you, at least," Dex offered, tracing his thumb across the side of my hand. "Not this time."

I couldn't help but smile back. "Okay."