one.

I brushed my ponytail behind my shoulder, clutching several textbooks to my chest as I made my way down the sidewalk, the events of yesterday running circles around my head.

"I don't care what you do but you cannot stay here!" My dads words echoed in my memory. Billy stood in the middle of the living room, smirking, laughing, sipping a beer.

"I'll stay wherever I want," he said confidently, taking a few steps towards my dad.

"Billy," I choked out quietly, warning him. I felt a presence behind me, turning around to see Max peaking through my shoulder. "Go back to your room. It's nothing."

When I turned around, screams ensued.

I squeezed my eyes, blinking several times to dismiss the memory to the back of my thoughts. The cool fall air distracted me from further turmoil as I approached Kat's house. We were gonna be late for school, again.

I unlatched the iron gate in her front yard, colorful leaves crunching below my feet with each step.

There was only one reason why Kat was ever late to school, and that was because of Robin. Kats mother, Mrs. Henderson, would describe Robin as a good friend, a loyal study buddy.

She was, in a way, they studied A LOT. Just about every day, anywhere, anytime. The front door swung open to reveal Dustin standing in the foyer, smiling.

"Morning dusty bun," I teased pushing my way in.

"Morning toots," he cooed. I rolled my eyes and pushed past him.

"I'm too old for you!" I yelled down as I ascended the oak wood stairs. Third door on the left. I could hear loud metal music coming from Kats room. Typical morning. I pushed the door open to be greeted by the loud tunes, and was met with something else.

Besides the aesthetic of Kats usual messy room, a combination of records and clothes lying everywhere in her version of neatness, I was met with bare breasts.

"Ah god!" I screamed shutting the door behind me and entering the room. On Kats bed lay Robin, completely naked on top of her. I'd be more phased by this if it was the first time this had happened, but by now I've lost count.

"Don't you knock!" Robin yelled, breaking a kiss away from Kat

"We have to get to school!" I protested, Robin leaping off of Kat. She buttoned her shirt and pushed past me, heading down the hall. Kat sat up slowly, susceptible to my glare. Her brown curls were a mess, hair spray from last night matted against her head. She had on a pair of light wash jeans, and a plaid shirt rolled up to her elbows. I looked down at the floor, noticing her backpack laying carelessly next to her converse. "Up." I said.

She groaned. "Good morning to you too."

————————————————————————