1

London
3 months later

"I don't know why I let you talk me into coming to this torture chamber," I grumble as I leave the Hot Yoga class at V Fitness with my best friend Ramona.

She laughs, throwing her gym bag over her shoulder as we head over to get smoothies from the indoor Cafe. "Oh come on girl. It wasn't that bad. Think about how amazing you're going to look in your bikini this summer," she teases, bumping her shoulder against mine.

I roll my eyes, getting in line behind a few other people. "Yeah, like a sexy string bean," I mutter. "I should be sitting on my butt drinking protein shakes so I can finally pack on some pounds, and make a curve somewhere."

I've been skinny my whole life, which I know most people roll their eyes about. But when you want to be curvy and actually fill out a pair of jeans, the shit isn't funny.

Somehow, Ramona, who comes from a long line of beautiful Dominican women, with perfect asses, convinced me that hitting the gym will help me get the figure I desire. It's been three weeks and I've seen a little improvement, so I guess I'll stick with it.

For now.

She loops her arm through mine and shakes her head. "That's not the healthy way to gain weight. Trust me," she says. I go to respond, but her eyes are focused on something across the gym.

I follow her line of vision and see the gym owner, Ryker, standing with two other guys who look like trainers, speaking to them.

"That man is so hot, it short circuits my brain looking at him," she whispers, sounding dazed. I laugh, nodding in agreement. Ryker is not only ridiculously tall, but built like a tank, and has a gorgeous face.

"Yeah, too bad he's engaged," I say.

Ramona frowns, "To who?" She asks, sounding annoyed, as if his engagement personally offends her.

I shrug. "I've only seen her once. One of the guys at the front desk pointed her out to me last week when we were talking. She was in here with Ryker working out. She's really pretty. Looked super young," I respond.

Ramona pouts. "Of course."
We order our smoothies and head over to sit at a window seat together.

"Do you ever get discouraged that all of the good guys around here are already taken?" She asks me, taking her long dark hair out of her ponytail holder.

I shrug my shoulders. "I don't know. I still think there are plenty of single guys. But I feel like it's an age issue for me," I frown.

Ramona looks at me confused. "How so?"
"It's just something I felt since I turned 35 this year. No guys are checking for me anymore. It's like I've got this cloak of invisibility firmly in place around me."

Ramona's eyes widen and she nods. "That's exactly how I feel, even though I'm 33," she agrees. "It's like no one pays attention to you once you reach a certain age. I can't remember the last time anyone saw me. Like really saw me."

I can.

But I try not to think about him anymore.
Not those gorgeous eyes, or captivating smile...

"London?" Ramona asks.

"Sorry girl," I say, shaking myself out of my thoughts. Thoughts that I've had way too many times since I took Jeremy's pictures.

I never used the phone number he gave me, feeling like it was pointless since he was in L.A. chasing his dreams. I'm sure he wouldn't even remember me by now.

Not the way I remember him. 

"I know exactly what you mean. But what can you do about it? That's just life. Men are always chasing the young ones," I agree.

She throws up her hands. "Well shit, maybe we should too then!"

I widen my eyes at her. "Ok, I think you sweated out your common sense in that hot yoga class," I mutter.

She laughs, shaking her head. "I'm serious London!You are smoking hot, 35 or not. You look 25. Why not date someone who is the same age you look."

I wrinkle my nose not responding. I know I'm not an unattractive woman. I'm 5'3, have large brown eyes, chocolate skin and keep my hair natural and curly. Despite not having the curvaceous body I desire, I still have nice full breasts and nice legs. 

People do regularly mistake me for someone much younger. But I just can't picture a younger guy going for me, when there are so many gorgeous 20-somethings in this town.

"I don't know Ramona. I guess anything could be possible with the right person."

After Ramona and I part ways, I head back to my condo. I go inside and put down my bag and mail. I find Sushi in the living room curled up in her dog bed. She lifts her head to me and I come over to pick her up and bring her into the kitchen with me to her food bowl.

I go to take a shower and change, then decide to take Sushi for a walk and go get some things I need from the grocery store.

I grab my bag and Sushi and head downstairs to my car. We drive over to downtown Seabrook and walk around, stopping by the dog park.

When she finishes playing, I load her back in my car and roll down the windows for her since the early Fall air is nice and breezy today. I give her instructions to stay put, and hurry into Seabrook Market.

I grab some things to make a quick breakfast and get in line to check out. Looking over the magazine stands, my eyes roam over the headlines of another Kardashian divorce, then another magazine showing ways to decorate your house for Fall. But then I see another cover that makes me nearly drop my grocery basket.

On the front of Entertainment Today is the man that has been filling my thoughts since I met him 3 months ago.

Jeremy's gorgeous face is smiling that million dollar smile of his, with a headline that makes my jaw drop.