Twenty-Six

Sage WilliamsPast

Sage Williams
Past

"Oh no, if he wants to be a man– he's going to show up fifteen minutes early with a bouquet of flowers and he's going to come in here and shake my hand, Blake." I snorted as I slipped my shoes on.

"Dad– get off the phone with Blake. It's Blaise. We've practically known each other since diapers."

He scoffed, slapping the wall next to the front door. "He comes to the front door like a gentleman or you aren't going."

"Dad!" I whined.

He shook his head. "No Sage, I'm serious. I expect more from Blaise. In some weird way, it's like he's already my son and he needs to treat you like a princess would be treated." Mom entered the room, rolling her eyes.

"I bet you were exactly like Prince Charming whenever you dated in high school." Mom mocked him, leaning down and pressing a kiss on my head.

"I didn't get to date in high school! I played football! Remember? So– when I say I want my kids to be treated right and not have this douche bag idea when it comes to relationships like I did– I want them to be happy in relationships." I pouted as mom sighed.

"Sage," Mom spoke my name as I groaned.

"Are you serious? You should be taking pity on me at this moment! The last time Dad, Blaise, and I were together I was on Blaise's lap, and his tongue was do–"

"Oh, Blaise is here? Great. Tell him I wanna have a chat." Slater walked down the steps, his shirt off as he flexed his muscles, clenching his fists as if he had the right to try to fight for me or about this.

"Stop!" I yelled at everyone who was crowding around me in the open doorway. I pursed my lips as they all froze. I held up my finger, "I will go get him and he can come to the door. This is ridiculous. Nobody is hurting anyone, and this is going to go exactly like the movies."

I reached for the doorknob, waiting for my father to object but he didn't.

Sighing a breath of relief, I opened it and closed it gently behind me before walking down my steps to the boy who was leaning against the hood of his black car.