Aethiopian Drakon

Y/n's Pov:

I wanted to sleep, but unfortunately, I have cousins.

"Y/n!" called Michael. "Come! We need you!"

I pulled the covers up. "Nooooo!"

"We spotted an Aethiopian Drakon at the borders of Camp Half-Blood!"

I stood up. "How can I help?"

"Shoot it down."

"I don't have my bow."

"Quit lying so you can get more sleep," Michael scoffed. "I'm looking at it right now. Change and come ASAP."

"Mike, I'm not lying I - "

But he had already left.

I swiftly put on some grey sweatpants, a (Hogwarts House) t-shirt and some running shoes. I pulled my hair back in a ponytail/put on my hijab (A/n: if possible) and grabbed a breath mint.

Before I left, I spotted something shiny on my bedside table. Nearing it, I gasped when I saw what it was.

My ring.

There was a note attached. It read:

Hey, Y/n!

Sorry, I couldn't deliver this in person, I forgot I had it. It was useful by reminding me of you, and it helped me make friends with a certain wolf which Zoe called 'Omega'.

I know it's very special to you, so I'm giving it back.

Take care,

Percy

I smiled at the letter. Remembering why I had woken up in the first place, I quickly slid the ring on my finger and ran off. I folded the letter neatly and placed it in my bedside table drawer.

My cousins were at the top of the hill.

"Took you long enough," said Lee before shooting the Drakon.

"Sorry."

I shot the drakon in the eye.

"Wait!" said a little girl with green hair. "Let's all shoot it at the same time! Maybe that way t will get the message!"

"That's a great idea, Kayla!" Kyle complimented.

Kayla flipped her hair. "I know."

So we did as she said and shot the drakon at the same time. After a few dozen arrows lodged in the chinks of the drakon's armour, it got the message and withdrew.

~

The next morning there was a lot of excitement at breakfast.

"It's still out there," Lee warned the rest during announcements. "Twenty arrows in its hide, and we just made it mad. The thing was thirty feet long and bright green. Its eyes—" he shuddered. 

"You did well, Lee," Chiron patted him on the shoulder. "Everyone stay alert, but stay calm. This has happened before." 

"Aye," a guy with short grey hair said from the head table. "And it will happen again. More and more frequently."

The campers murmured among themselves.

Everyone knew the rumours: Luke and his army of monsters were planning an invasion of the camp. Most of us expected it to happen this summer, but no one knew how or when. It didn't help that our attendance was down. We only had about eighty campers. Eight years ago, when I'd started, there had been more than two hundred. Some had died. Some had joined Luke. Some had just disappeared.