54 || Home Sweet Home

Song: Brent Faiyaz - Poision (slowed + reverb)

𝔚𝔚𝔚

Arturo Moretto was a man of his word.

When he made a promise, he always kept it.

Even if the person he made that promise to was a no good whore, a trashy low life with nothing to offer.

He was just that noble of a man. A noble man the world was nothing but cruel to.

You see, Arturo didn't necessarily want a child, but needed one. He'd worked hard to get where he was. Leading alongside Ricardo Galanti - the Don of the Italian Mafia, was no easy task.

He needed an heir, someone he could trust, someone he could train, someone who could put all the power to use.

And when he looked at children, he saw nothing but opportunity, potential.

That seemed to hold true for all but his own.

The world had given him a daughter. Useless, and lacked the ability to lead.

He'd tried getting rid of her, even going as far as offering the girl to his Don, but once again, the world was cruel and he had to stand by while she was raised in his own home.

As Arturo watched the child others would call his grow, he saw nothing in her. The only emotion he felt was resentment and disgust. So much so that he vowed to never think about having another child.

One daughter was horrible, but the prospect of two? He'd rather die than raise another woman.

Only everything changed when he first laid eyes on him.

He was perfect. There was so much potential.

At the age of six, the boy could barely read, let alone write, but held the instincts of a well taught man. He could sense danger when the others around him couldn't and he was more aware of his surroundings than his mother ever was.

He was her eyes and ears.

And Arturo would be a fool to pass on the opportunity.

Ricardo Galanti was skeptical when Arturo had first brought up the idea. Molding a child into their ideal weapon was bizarre, even for Arturo.

But the more he watched the little boy interact with others in a quiet yet perceptive manner, the more Arturo's unhinged idea morphed into an possibility. And so, he'd let Arturo have his way.

They'd locked the boy away, deprived him of food, water, cleanliness and every other basic right, that was until he'd conformed.

Until he was able to detcapatate a grown man in three point seven seconds at the age of eight, until he was able to sniper a target from just over a mile away at the age of nine. And until he could kill a group eighteen men with nothing but a gun and a standard magazine carrying fifteen bullets at the age of ten.

There's a term for men like Arturo.

Power hungry tyrant.