CHAPTER ELEVEN: THE PIGGYBACK 1

River held her light up, she had taken her own path walking around just like the others did. Every steps she took, she found the floor creaked. Not only was this place old, and weird, it was unsettling.

Walking further, her light had began to grow brighter and she held it up to her face, squinting slightly as she watched.

River placed her light down, glancing up to the light on top of her that was shut off, and she took her notepad out, writing on it.

Found Vecna

She mouthed the words as she wrote it, bringing it to Lucas who gave her a firm nod in response, following her just as Max and Erica did. Making it to the light of hers that flashed, going from bright to low. Erica wrote on the paper once again.

Phase one?

Lucas only nodded to her, they all watched River who held her gun in hand, and chewed her gum nervously. She stepped outside alone, letting out a big sigh and looking around, this was the duty River was given. And she was going to do it.

She began to walk quickly to the Rocket, and once she made it there she had grunted, attempting to quickly climb it.

The feeling of her being watched lurked in her mind, so the young girl had turned, meeting eyes with another middle aged man who was walking his dog. Her eyes widened, and she jumped, her gun quickly falling to the bottom.

There was an awkward silence before River turned, shaking her head and ignoring him as she continued climbing to the top.

______________

"Uh, I don't mean to freak every one out, but I swear we've seen this tree before." Robin quavered, she held her flashlight tightly as she pointing it to the tree she was speaking of, panting in panic.

"That's impossible." Nancy insisted, she glanced over from where she stood, and then continued looking down and watching out for vines.

"That would suck right? If Vecna destroyed the world cause we got lost in the woods?" Robin stammered as she questioned the rest, and they all shook their heads in denial.

"We're not lost Robin." Nancy assured, sending a soft smile to Robin. In response, she only laughed nervously, shaking her head to herself.

As for Jo, she just walked alone right now, nervously speaking to herself.

If you told her a week ago where she was today, she would freak out. And she was definitely freaking out right now.

She heard the fast feet of Steve's until he stopped by her side, sending a shy smile in which she returned. "You alright?" His soft voice gave her a sense of comfort as he asked this.

"Yeah, it's not everyday you uh, travel to a different dimension and fight a monster." Jo shrugged, waving her flashlight around, her eyes following the light.

"Oh, no yeah, yeah." Steve gave her a shrug. "But I meant about the, you know the trance. Are you alright?"

Thinking of it made Jo's stomach lurch, in both a good and bad way. Bad because, it was the scariest thing that's ever happened to her, but good because Steve was there for her.

"Uhm, you know. Thanks to you I am." She glanced to him nervously, almost whispering this, and he did the same.

"I didn't do much." He answered, but the small tone he spoke in showed how he grew slightly flustered at that, watching as the younger girl beside him shrugged.