Hostage

Double update? YEAH

Adira let out a small groan as she opened her eyes, the brightness from the sun making her shut them quickly, "ah shit my eyeballs," Adira huffed out in annoyance. Eddie let out a small chuckle as he looked down at the girl in his arms. The two of them were laying on the ground under skulls rock, facing each other. She was using one of his arms as a pillow and his other arm was wrapped around her waist

"Morning sunshine," Eddie muttered out to her softly and she finally opened her eyes again, looking up at him with a small smile. However, her smile didn't last long as memories from the night before seemed to flash through her mind. Eddie noticed the sad look on her face and took his arm off her waist and reached up to her face, brushing her hair behind her ear, "everything is going to be okay Adira. If we have each other then we will both be fine, we are going to get through this okay?"

Adira nodded her head softly, a small tear slipping from her eye which Eddie quickly wiped away, "don't cry sweetheart," he pleaded with her, knowing that if she cried then he would more than likely cry too. He hated that she was going through all of this, and he made it his mission to be there every step of the way from now and on

"Why is all of this shit happening? We are just kids," she whispered out, leaning into Eddie's hand as they gazed into each others eyes, "all of this is wrong. Why Hawkins? Why us?" Eddie wished that he had an answer for her, he really did. But there was nothing that he could come up with, he couldn't explain why there was a monster killing a bunch of teenagers.

"I don't know love," Eddie whispered to her softly, "the world is a sick and cruel place. We are all just placed here to live and then die... we all die in the end, it's what you do to actually live your life while you can that counts," he muttered out to her, "you never know when your time is going to come so all you can do is surround yourself with people who are worth living for."

--------------------------------------------

Robin, Steve, Nancy, Dustin, Max and Lucas all arrived at Reefer Ricks house, expecting to just see Adira and Eddie but they got the shock of their lives as they noticed all of the police cars and the crowd of people which was growing as the minutes past out side of the house.  There was yellow police tape everywhere and barricades to stop the people from getting closer and getting a better look at anything that was going on from behind the tape.

They quickly piled out of the car and felt their hearts sink into their chests as they looked at the scene in front of them, "Come on, this way," Nancy muttered out to the rest of the teens and they all tried to avoid the crowd and walk around the back but it was all taped off so they stopped and looked over at the sherif and deputy who were talking to a camera which was live streaming all around Hawkins.

Steve and Robin shared a worried look, all they were thinking about was Adira. Was she okay? Had Jason got to her and Eddie and then hurt them? Had Vecna got her? Had the police found her and Eddie and then arrested them.

"Officer Callahan here and myself arrived first at the scene. We made our way over to the shore of Lover's Lake, about 10 yards from the house that you can see behind me. Uh, it was there that we found the victim," Powell said, making them stop walking, all of them were now listening intently, scared for Eddie and Adira

"An 18-year-old senior from Hawkins High, Patrick McKinney," Powell finished, making a few of the teens let out breaths of relief, though they still felt sad about the death of the boy.

The teens all felt their heartbeats quicken, Vecna had taken yet another victim, though they were relieved to know that it wasn't Eddie or Adira. Lucas felt a sense of sadness at the news, Patrick had been one of the few boys on the team who had been nice to him before he got the winning shot at the championship game