Chapter 53

Qualifying for the French GP is in a few minutes and I'm nervous 🙃

Enjoy!

*****

Grey was a fun guy to be around. He knew how to make everyone laugh and was always sweet when it came to me. He'd do the small things like pull out your chair, open the door for you, and make sure to ask you if you want anything before he leaves.

We agreed to go out on a date on his last day here since he was set to leave for his flight by six in the evening. He rented out a vespa for the day and scheduled a cooking class at a local restaurant two towns over.

I changed into a simple floral wrap dress that ended just above my knees, pairing it with some sandals. When I went downstairs, I heard some whistles come from Milo as they all hung out in the dining room. It's been a routine ever since we arrived in Tuscany– lunch would be held at my house and dinner at Charles'.

"Ready to go?" Grey smiled at me, kissing my cheek.

"I'm just going to grab my bag. I'll meet you outside?" He nodded his head and I headed for my purse that was by the kitchen counter.

"So," Yuki said as he leaned his elbow on the countertop. "should we be expecting you guys to arrive late?" He asked and wiggled his eyebrows up and down. I heard Daniel and Milo snicker behind me as I flicked Yuki's forehead.

"Please get your head out of the gutter." I said and he only grinned at me.

"Babe, catch." Milo said and threw something silver at me. I caught it without seeing what it was and immediately dropped it when I read the label.

"Disgusting, Milo." I groaned, sliding back the pack of condom to him with my shoe. Everyone laughed out loud as I went over to where Milo was and slapped him with my purse.

"Love, she probably thinks this isn't Grey's size." Ace smirked, picking up the condom and putting it inside his pocket.

"That's your size." Milo winked and everyone groaned as he leaned forward to kiss Ace who flushed red at the comment.

"I'm going to leave before this becomes too explicit." I hurriedly said, walking out of the dining room and heading for the front door. I heard Aurora follow behind me, probably to lock the door when I leave.

"Have fun." She smirked, insinuating the same thing that Yuki was doing earlier. I shifted with my feet and bit my lip, not knowing what to say to Aurora because in reality, the fun they were thinking of was unexplored territory for me and Grey.

"Mhmm." was all I could muster up and Aurora looked at me closely, clearly analyzing my body language.

"Valentine," She called, tone teasing as I avoided her eye. "how far have you and Grey gone?"

"Why do I feel like I'm in high school again?"

"Just answer the question." She laughed and I hesitantly raised two fingers, making her eyes widen in shock. "That's it?"

It was safe to say that the closest I've seen Grey naked was yesterday when we went out for another swim in the lake. With our conflicting schedules, we've never really had the chance to explore. I was sharing my room with Navi so he ended up sleeping on the couch, and I didn't exactly make a move to ask Navi to give us some privacy. I don't know. Grey was definitely a good kisser but I've always been tentative with going beyond the small touches.

"There hasn't been a right moment for it." I shrugged my shoulders, not believing the lie that slipped from my lips.

"I know intimacy can't be measured with time, but you guys have never tried?" I bit my lip and shook my head. Intimacy wasn't a deal breaker for me when it comes to relationships since I like to build one that isn't based on intimacy itself. I believe in having a romantic foundation where you get to know the person first, seeing them inside and out without being sexual in any way. It's when the feelings become deeper that I fully invest in being physically intimate and I haven't felt that way about Grey. "Mannaggia, this is not something I expected." [Damn.]