40

ARIA

"Since when do you keep these in your car?" I asked Sandro, taking the disinfectant wipes from him to clean my hands.

He opened the glove compartment, taking out a small bottle of hand lotion. It was another brand that I loved. I peeked over, my jaw practically dropping when I saw that it was stacked with everything I needed and used. Sanitary products, a brush and comb, perfume, hand sanitizer, a closed package of my favourite lip balm, gum—everything.

I looked at Sandro, my eyes softening when I saw that he was avoiding my gaze.

"Sandro..." I murmured.

"You're always in my car so I thought why not just make it easier for you..." he answered, and I grinned. I reached over, wrapping my arms around his neck to pull him in for a deep and tight hug. He circled his arms around my waist, holding me close to him as he buried his face in my hair.

I love this man so much.

"That is the sweetest, and most considerate thing anyone has ever done for me," I whispered, taking his wrist to place a kiss on the back of his fingers. "You're the best."

Sandro chuckled, watching me pepper kisses all over his hands. "You're making me feel like a princess,"

I interlaced our fingers and clasped my hand around his neck, giving him a kiss on the lips. "Thank you, Alessandro."

"You're welcome, bellissima," he said, a soft smile on his lips and a gentle glow in his eyes. I returned to my seat and proceeded to freshen up—attempting to fix myself before stepping into the mansion that was Carlo's home.

Luckily and fortunately, Sandro hadn't left any marks on my skin.

We were parked outside after Sandro had successfully gotten us to our destination. The cars out front were an arrangement of sleek sports vehicles—ranging from everything to Lamborghinis to Mustangs. I felt out of place, highly intimidated but knowing that I had Sandro by my side made me feel a million times better.

Carlo was so excited when he invited us that it was impossible to say no, despite how nervous I felt.

Sandro looked at the watch on his wrist, "We're a little late but that's fine. You ready?"

I nodded, smoothing my dress. "Yes,"

I stayed in my seat when Sandro exited the car, knowing that he'll try to fight me if I opened my own door. The perfect gentleman—even after I told him that it wasn't necessary. I stepped out, my heel meeting the gravel and Sandro took my hand in his.

My legs were still wobbly when I straightened out but it wasn't too bad and I quickly regained my composure. Hand in hand, Sandro and I walked to the massive home.

*

"Little boss," Carlo greeted with a smile on his face, holding onto the door that he had just opened. Little boss. I started to accept the nickname. He had a glass of champagne in his hand when he opened his arms.

I smiled at him, giving him a short and brief hug. "Happy birthday, Carlo."

"Grazie," he said, a grin on his lips. Sandro hugged him too, wishing him a happy birthday in Italian.

They spoke for a while in the language I couldn't understand and I took the opportunity to look around the foyer.

There were so many fucking people, and they all reeked of wealth. A group of men were chatting, tall and broad with their hands wrapped around a glass. Every single one of them had a gun strapped to their waist.