Chapter 49

"It's a sign! The father-in-law approved!!"

"Finally!!!"

"Get married when the empress dowager and Emma gets executed!!"

"I wanna see some babies!!!!"

The fairies were getting wild inside Owen's inner subconsciousness.

Meanwhile in reality, Catherina who heard that question was stupefied.

"Father! Is it really time to talk about that topic?!" It was Callahan who voiced out first.

"Hmm, I agree." Carla added.

"See? Mother is-"

"Let's prepare the wedding immediately." Carla smiled at Owen.

"Wha-"

Callahan couldn't believe his parents. After all, Rina has just recently went back to them. And now, it was like they were sending her off again.

He then stared at Owen.

"Huh?"

Callahan strode towards Owen and  scrutinized his face carefully.

"Brother? What's wrong?" Catherina asked, worried.

"His face looks familiar."

On the other hand, Owen just smiled at him.

"...Ah! It's you! You're the one who stole my first dance with Rina on her coming of age back then!!" Callahan pointed at him.

'What?! He still remembered that?!' Catherina screamed internally.

"But your hair was white and your eyes were red back then. Did you use magic?" Callahan mumbled.

"Oh my, looks like this lad is similar to Raphael."

Carla chuckled when he heard from Callahan that Owen stole her dance with Rina. It reminded her of her past self as well.

"By the way, Rina. Are you going to stay here now? How about you sleep for the night?" Carla asked.

"About that, I still don't know if Emma comes back. And I don't plan to show myself to her yet. Not until the banquet."

"Tsk." Carla clicked her tongue as she heard Emma's name. She was mad that she made a fool out of herself through her. "Then, where are you staying?"

"I'll take care of her." Owen spake.

"Oh. Then, I'll entrust my daughter to you. If anything happens to her, I'm sure you already know what's going to happen to you." Carla smiled at Owen as she threatened her.

"Of course. Rina is the priority. I'm going to protect her at any cost."

Owen's response made both of Catherina's parents satisfied. Callahan had no choice as well. He agrees on the part that Emma shouldn't know about Catherina's existence yet, that's why he permits it.

"Then, let's see each other at the banquet next week." Catherina smiled at her loving family.

"Alright. We'll be there with you. I'm sure Dorothea and Stephen will be glad to know that you're alive." Carla hugged her.

Catherina purposely planned it that way because she wanted to reveal herself to Dorothea as well. She also missed her and couldn't believe that her and Stephen are now married.

'There will be a lot to talk about.'

Catherina hugged her family members one by one before leaving.

"I love all of you."

"We'll meet you at the banquet." All of them smiled at her and Catherina nodded.

Catherina looked at Owen and Owen immediately understood her message.

"Let's go."

He held her hand then with a snap of his finger, their images dissipated and disappeared.

*Swoosh*

.
.
.

"Rina."

"Yes?"

"I want to spend a lot of time with you."

"Hmm, aren't we doing it now?" She chuckled.

Both of them were currently staying inside an inn.

Owen was sitting on a chair and Catherina was braiding his long hair.

"How long haven't you cut your hair?" Catherina asked.

"Since you died."

Owen didn't actually care about his appearance for that past six years. All he cared about was reviving her back.

"Oh. Six years... it feels a bit weird hearing that I actually died." She giggled as she continued to play with his hair.

She liked watching his skyblue hair. It was beautiful to look at.

"It think it's time you cut it. After all, I'm very much alive now, right?" She gave him a hug from behind.

"Okay." Owen conceded.

He snapped his finger and using magic, his long hair was immediately cut into a shorter one. His hairstyle was similar like when Catherina first encountered with him.

Owen turned around and faced her.

"Rina, if one day you know how many days you have left to live, what would you do?" He suddenly asked a weird question.

Catherina was left to ponder.

"Let's say I have few days left. If I knew I only had that time limit, I'll spend my last days with my family and with you. I'll eat the food I haven't eaten yet, I'll go to places where I haven't been to, I'll do the things I haven't done yet. I will live my life to the fullest without regrets. I think that will be all."

"I see. Aren't you curious about my answer?" He asked.

"Hm, how about you?" She playfully smiled.

Owen paused for a moment then smiled.

"If I knew I only had a few days left to live, I'd no doubt spend it all with you. Just for Rina."

Owen looked at her with a loving gaze.

With that, Catherina felt like her heart was being wringed. She suddenly felt touched.

*Drip*

*Drop*

A few drop of tears fell from her eyes and she didn't know why she was feeling that way.

"I- I don't know why I'm suddenly crying." Her voice shook as she rubbed her wet eyes.

Catherina felt like something was about to happen. She doesn't know what it is but she just felt like crying.

'Why am I feeling this way?'

"Rina." Owen held her hands.

"!!!!"

Catherina felt something being inserted on her finger.

"Owen, this-"

"It's a diamond ring. I bought it when we were in the capital."

Catherina pouted and more tears threatened to fall from her eyes.

Owen gently smiled as her and kissed her hand.

"When you finally receive your justice, and those evil people gain their punishment...

Can I have your happy ending?"