Chapter 13 - The Departure of the Fellowship

Chapter 13

Tauriel's Pov

It's the day that the Fellowship departs Lórien. It's sad that we're leaving. This forest truly is a sight to behold. But we have to continue, that my wound is healed. At least we all got something to remember this place: A leaf clasp.

Lady Galadriel also gave me a sword left by my mother. "Your mother told me to give this to you when the time is right, little one." I heard my grandmother's voice in my head say.

I smiled up at her. "I will cherish this forever."

I smiled at the memory in the boat. We've been traveling for a few days now, only stopping at shore at night, but this one day, we arrived at shore before nightfall.

It's the 7th day of traveling, and we're all a little tired, so we decided to head to shore early. I stood next to Legolas, talking to him quietly.

"I suggest you take some rest and recover your strength, master dwarf." Estel tells Gimli.

"Recover my...? Phrr" Gimli responded.

I turn to them, to see what's going on. From the looks of it, it sounds like they're arguing. I was going to tell them that we all should get some sleep, but Legolas started talking before I got the chance to.

"We should leave now.

"No. Orcs patrol eastern border. We must wait for cover of darkness." Estel argued.

"It is not the eastern shore that worries me. A shadow and a threat has been growing in my mind. Something draws near.. I can feel it." Legolas warns him.

I didn't want to get involved in this conversation anymore. I started to walk into the woods, wanting to get away from this argument, but before I could get too far, I heard Merry asked where Frodo was.

My ears perked up. Frodo shouldn't have left us. It's way too dangerous. I turn around, and I see the others look around.

Something's not right. Then, I realized that Boromir also isn't with us. Damn it. I knew something was off with him. He must have followed Frodo into the woods..

I walked back to the others. "We have to go find him. Now. Before the orcs get to them."

I walked to Legolas, and followed him. There's no way I'm leaving him. Not now, when danger lurks this place.

Third Pov

Aragorn has found Frodo. "Frodo?" He asked.

Frodo turns around, startled. "It has taken Boromir."

Aragorn looked at him Intently. He knew this would happen, but he never wanted to think that it would. He thought Boromir as a brother. "Where is the ring?"

Frodo looks terrified. "Stay away!" He starts to walk backwards, but then trips on a rock and falls on the ground, as the ranger starts to walk towards him. "Frodo!" He finally stops trying to go backwards.

"I swore to protect you!" Aragorn tells him, as he looks at him, protectively.

"Can you protect me from yourself?" Frodo takes off the ring, and shows him. "Would you destroy it?"

Aragorn starts to walk towards it, slowly. Then, the ring starts to whisper.

"Aragorn... Aragorn... Elessar..."

He reached for the ring, but closed Frodo's hand, pushed it towards his chest. "I would've gone with you to the end, into the very fires of Mordor." He looked at him with sincerity.

"I know. Look after the others, especially Sam. he will not understand."

Aragorn nods. But, suddenly, they hear noises near them. He draws his sword from his belt. He notices that Frodo's sword started glowing. It could only mean one thing. Orcs.

"Go, Frodo. Run. Run!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legolas and Tauriel kill every orc that comes their way. Slowly, the orcs disappear. Before they could kill all of them, they heard a horn. The horn of Gondor. Which could only mean one thing. Boromir. He's in trouble.

Tauriel yells at Legolas. "We have to go! Now! Or Boromir's going to die!."

Legolas nods. They both run towards the direction of the sound, while killing orcs that got into their way.

Suddenly, an orc shot Tauriel in her shoulder. She gasps, and falls onto her side. She grips her shoulder, swiftly pulling the arrow out, then throwing one of her daggers at the orc, killing it.

"Go, Legolas. Don't worry about me. Boromir needs you more. Please." Tauriel's eyes grew misty as she ripped a piece of her cloak to make a bandage.

Legolas couldn't just watch his love suffer like this, but he knew she was right. Boromir needed him more than she did.

Tauriel lost consciousness as Legolas ran. He knew she wouldn't die, but what he didn't know was that another orc picked her up just as Legolas ran to Boromir.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boromir didn't make it. Frodo has gone to Mordor to destroy the ring. Sam has gone after him. Merry, Pippin, and Tauriel have been captured by the orcs. The remaining of the Fellowship have no choice but to go after the orcs that took the hobbits and Tauriel. 

A/N 

Sorry I haven't posted in so long. I didn't have much inspiration anymore, but to make up for it, double updates!! I know the last chapter wasn't long, but I didn't really know what to write for Glynn. I'll try to write more for her next time! Enjoy!