four

"What's up loser?" I hear as I sit on the couch. I look behind me to see Logan walking into my apartment with a bag of food.

I sit up fully so I can look at him better. "What are you doing?" I laugh a little as I watch him come over and sit down next to me.

"You texted the groupchat saying you were hungry and bored so I came over." He told me innocently.

I looked at him with furrowed eyebrows. "How'd you get in?" I asked curiously. I didn't tell him where I keep my key.

"It was open so I let myself in." He told me nonchantly. He handed me my food as I looked at him.

Logan's a strange one but he definitely makes things interesting. "So, are you going back to Canada for Christmas?" I ask.

He nods his head. "That's where my family is. You going anywhere else?" He asked as I shook my head.

"My family is here so I'm staying." I vaguely tell him. I didn't want to tell him about my dad situation so I kept my mouth shut.

I just don't want someone else to use it against me again. He nods his head, and luckily doesn't ask anything about it.

"You have a younger brother, right?" He asked making sure. I nodded my head towards him as I finished chewing.

"Yeah, he's a pain in my ass, but I love him." I tell him. It was nice sitting here with Logan, talking about different things.

He's a super easy person to talk to. We hang out for a couple of hours, and as we talk, his phone started ringing.

He held up a finger really quick and answered it. I scrolled through my phone as he talked on his.

When he hung up the call, he looked at me with a smile on his face. "What's that face for?" I ask confused.

He laughed a little towards me. "That was my bandmates, would you be down to listen to us play?" He suggested with a hopeful look.

I mean, I had nothing else planned for the day. I think it'll be fun listening to them play.

"Yeah, why not." I shrug towards him. We get off the couch and head towards his car.

It was quiet while we walked to the car. "So, where do you guys play at?" I ask curious.

We get into his Jeep, me getting into passengers. "Our drummers aunt lets us play in her garage." I nodded my head while he spoke.

I look out the window as he drives to the neighborhood. He had music lightly playing and it was decent.

As he turned into the neighborhood, I realized where we were at. I shift in my seat when I realize we're in Colby's neighborhood.

"You okay, Ashton?" He asked speaking up. I guess he noticed he got uncomfortable. I swallow deeply and nod my head, faking a smile towards him.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lie to him. He turns onto his street and I make sure to keep my eyes down when we pass it.

She apparently lives a couple houses down so hopefully I don't see him. I awkwardly follow Logan inside the house.

It's a nice house, I couldn't help but look around. I follow him into the kitchen to see a beautiful middle aged woman in the kitchen.

She turned over towards us and a big smile came on her face. "Hey, Katrina. Is everyone in the garage?" She must be the aunt.

She nodded her head towards us two. "Yeah, have fun." She smiled towards us. I follow him to the backyard where the garage is.

We walk in to hear the boys laughing at something. The blonde is sitting at the drums and he looked younger.

He looked probably twenty or twenty-one. The two guitarists both had dark hair.

"What's up, dorks?" Logan asked grabbing their attention. They all smiled and greeted their friend.

"Who's this?" The one with the leather jacket asked. Logan looked at me with a reassuring smile as I got a little scared.

"This is Ashton. I work with her at the bar. Ashton, this is Kaiden, Nick, and Patrick." He introduced us.

Kaiden is the drummer, Nick is the one with the leather jacket, and Patrick is the one who's tuning the guitar.

I wave as I look over towards them. "What do you two play?" I ask looking at the brunettes.

"I play bass guitar while Patrick is our rhythm guitarist." Nick informs me.

I look at Logan to see he's grabbing his guitar from his stand. I looked to see a couch so I went to sit down.

"I hope I'm not intruding." I worriedly say. They all started shaking their heads.

"Don't worry about it. It'll be nice to have some feedback that's not from Katrina." Patrick teased.

I sat there and listened to them tune everything. I was honestly excited to hear them play.

I love a good band. Once they were tuned and everything, Logan asked if they wanted to play now or never.

They all nodded and started playing. They're honestly really good live.

I made sure to watch everyone as they played. Kaiden is an amazing drummer and he's into it.

Logan's vocal range is killer, like it's honestly really good. Patrick and Nick seem into it.

It was a fast paced song so they were all into it. They all had little solos and all their voices sounded good.

When they finished the song, they all look at me. "So, what'd you think? Be honest." Logan asked.

I had a smile plastered on my face. "I'm not bullshitting, you guys are amazing." I boast.

I could see them all start to smile. "Wait, really?" Nick asked looking at me.

I nodded my head towards them. "I could feel how into it you guys were. How long have you guys been playing again?" I ask them curiously.

"A few months. Now or Never was our first original Logan wrote." I looked at Logan surprised.

He looked a little embarrassed. "You wrote that?" He nodded his head towards me.

"Yeah, I have a few others too." I smiled as I leaned back. "I want to hear more." He looked surprised to hear it.

"Wait, really?" He asked as I nodded my head. They played a couple more of their songs and it was honestly really good.

I can tell these people are going to be big. After they played their songs I was looking at them intensely.

"Do you guys have a manager?" I ask causing them to look at me. They all shook their heads.

"No, why?" Patrick asked running his fingers through his hair. I sit up and started smiling.

"What if I could be your manager and help you guys get gigs?" I ask looking at the four.

They look at each other surprised and then back at me. "You would do that?" Kaiden asked me surprised.

"I've been living here since I was a kid. I know the places to go, working at the bar helps too." I tell them.

They looked at each other like they were mentally talking to each other. Logan then smiled over towards me.

"Why not. I mean, if you're willing." He shrugged. I nodded as I smiled towards them.

"Yeah, I can help with marketing and getting you guys gigs." I tell them, I actually wanted to do it.

"That'll help, I mean I don't know how to do any of the stuff." Nick laughed.

These guys are honestly super cool. If I couldn't see them getting big, I wouldn't be doing this.

I don't know much about the music industry but I think I can figure it out.

I'm honestly excited to get the pages up and started for them.

Hopefully this will be a good thing.