Chapter 23

After reporting him they decided that even with everything they can't just arrest him like that. We had to take it to court and it was going to be a court case. They decided we were going to have to go to court in a week. It's been 182 hours since we've received that information. I've hardly slept and now I'm getting ready. My lawyer looks at me hard in the eyes, his own eyes unblinking due to how much we had to prepare for. "Don't worry, hopefully the jury will listen to your side of the story and I know this judge he's not a corrupt one. Even if it doesn't work out you can try to file a restraining order." he says as she leaves the room leaving Quinton and I alone.

My whole body is shaking and I've never felt this nervous. I haven't seen Rowan since then and now I'm horrified. Rowan's sisters and parents are coming too. I don't know about his ex-girlfriend though. Our neighbors are coming because apparently they heard some noise too.

"You deserve someone who'll love you till your last breath, someone who would rather die than hurt you, not a pathetic excuse of a man finding false reasons to hurt you." Quinton says as he grabs my shoulders. He makes me face him as he turns me around "Hey, hey it'll be okay. It's okay to be scared, sad, angry, and nervous because we all are. Let's just hope for the best, okay?" he says. "Okay" I nod.

                                                                       ...

We come in, we come in and I hear him plead not guilty. My lawyer told me how it would be better for us if he pleaded not guilty because if he pleaded guilty he would get less time. His lawyer claims how this whole case is weak and that I'm a liar. I feel like a liar, but only to myself. She claims nothing even happened while my lawyer shows pictures of my skin. The skin he damages more than it was already damaged. My skin was painted yellow, blue, red, and purple in every single photo. My thigh, stomach, and everything else was shown.

"What he did he thought was right." I said answering his question, my lawyer sits down and I exhale my breath scared for the questions she's going to start to ask. I finally look up and meet Rowan's eyes. His face is blank, not letting through any emotions. I love him so much but I hate him so much.

"I want to call Emily Heart to the stand."

I quickly got up, letting Emily sit where I was sitting.

After many more questions they decided to let us out for a few minutes. "Uh I'm going to go to the bathroom okay? I just need to freshen up a bit." I say.

"We get it. Don't worry." Emma says tapping my back. When I walk into the bathroom I realize it just has one toilet so I have to lock the door but then someone else opens the door and closes it. They lock it too.

"Malia." Rowan's rough voice reaches me.  My body freezes in pain and panic. "Rowan, stay away from me."

"You know I can't do that. I love you so much. How could you do this to me, to us? I'll forgive you but you better come with me right now." He says pulling something out of his pants. "No, I'm not coming home with you. Screw that, that place is most definitely not my home! Please just leave me alone."

"He brainwashed you didn't he? It's okay, it's not like you have much of a choice." Rowan asks as he presses his lips to mine forcing me up against the wall. Tears leaked onto my face. Why can't I move?

What's wrong with me? I'm not even struggling to move against him. I'm just still so very still, and for some reason I think that's all I'll ever be. He moves away from me only to press a soft fabric to my face. As I slide down to the floor losing consciousness he caresses my hair whispering "It's okay, you'll be home soon.". The last thing I feel is his hands all over me.

                                                                         ...

The slap to my face causes me to wake up. "ROWAN." I gasp out. No, no I mumble to myself in my head seeing my body in our bed and my hands chained to the headboard. "YOU STUPID BITCH. WHO THE HELL CORRUPTED YOU? HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME? I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME." he screams in my face as he digs his fingers in my face. "I did. I do. I love you but I hate you so much. How could you do this to me, you said you loved?" I sob.

" I do baby, I do. Let's just put this behind us, come on. You know this is not the way it's supposed to be. I'm so sorry, I was going to propose to you on your birthday that's why I was so mad. It was an accident, I swear. I thought we were joking around. We're both crazy and you know it. Fucked-up people belong together." He says.

"Let me go." I say to him my voice breaking. "Hmm, you know I can't do that. I was serious about locking you up in this house if you try to leave me. Now we're locked in here together. You know you love me baby, come on. COME ON." He roars screaming making me flinch and cry more.

He breaks everything in the room. Vases, portraits and frames of us. Once he's done destroying everything he looks at me and yanks my hair at him. "I destroyed everything but you. I know I'm going to get arrested so I'm going to ruin you for everyone else and hurt you more than I ever did before. Even though it kills me cause I love you so much." He slaps me across the face.

"I really wanted to have a family with you. Now I have to stop you from having that with anyone else, especially your favorite Quinton." he says as he walks away pulling out his phone not before mumbling 'whore'.

Once he's done with his phone call he sits down next to me. "You know, my friends a doctor and he said he'll help me with this problem. The only problem is that he can't see you having trouble, so I'm not going to make this easy for you. Also we have 7 hours before they reach here. I think that's enough time.".

He punches me in the face next "Your face is so beautiful let's not hurt it. My main target is your stomach. " After saying that he kicked me in the stomach multiple times I passed out.

I wake up to people talking. "Oh look who woke up. Fantastic." Rowan says as he rolls his eyes. I realize I can't talk. Oh my god, I can't talk. What did he do?

"Matthew and I put some numbing drug in your mouth to help with the pain that might come later on. So, Matthew, is she able to have children?" he asks.

There's so much technology around me. "Well I haven't checked yet, god that person who robbed her deserves to be behind bars they put her through hell." Matthew sighs as he scrolls through his tablet mumbling an apology. Matthew blows a breath saying how there's a 94% chance I won't have kids due to the damage inflicted upon my body.

Those words are enough to make me freeze. I love kids and babies. I was always a kid person, and I always wanted them. Hearing this makes my heart crack into two.

"Unfortunately Malia doesn't want to have kids. So do you think it's necessary to get a hysterectomy." Rowan says. I try to nod my head no, Matthew is looking down at his tablet. My tears soak my face.

"I mean if she changes her mind you have to try really hard to have a kid. Even if Malia's are much faster than yours you won't be able to have any. So really not much of a difference only that if she does get a hysterectomy it's a 100% she won't have any kids." Matthew says.

"Oh okay. I guess we won't get it then, you can go now." Rowan says looking in deep thought.

Matthew collects his stuff as he heads out. Once he leaves Rowan bends down in front of my face "I'm so proud of myself. Let's just pray you overpower Quinton or your next guy if you'll have one in certain ways. I think we should have a moment one last time before  to celebrate, don't you think?" he says as he forcefully presses his lips to mine softly.

Rowan looks at me with a sad smile on his face as he hears the sirens. "I guess this is goodbye now babe isn't it. It didn't have to be this way. Why did you have to do this to us?" he asks as he brushes my tears away with his hands.

A/N:I tried to make the court scene as realistic as possible. I even watched more svu. ilygsfm <3 stay safe. Ps. what do you think will happen with next?