Chapter 20 - First Date Preparations

It is now a few days later, and Kara and Lori have been getting on with their weeks. Lori has been going to school, and thankfully not being bullied anymore, while Kara has been continuing her life at work, with Andrea not making any more rude or mean comments or anything. Kara is pretty sure though, that Lori isn't being bullied at school anymore because she has made sure to make a big show of how much she loves Lori whenever she drops her off at school and picks her up, and Lori does not mind one bit at all. Lori loves all the hugs and kisses that Kara gives her, and has been a happy little girl this week.

Outside of all this, as the week has continued on, it has drawn closer to Kara and Lena's date, which is going to take place this Friday, starting at 7PM. Kara did want to be the one that arranged her first date with Lena, and decide what they were going to do and everything, but with having Lori as part of her life now, she hasn't had time to do that, so Lena has taken the date planning under her wing. All Kara knows is that Lena is going to arrive at her apartment at 7PM to come pick her up, and then take her on the date. Lena hasn't been giving anything else away, even though Kara has been sending her best friend/maybe-sort-of-girlfriend, texts trying to ask about things. One of the things that Kara has been asking about, simply as a way to try and get some insight into what she and Lena will be doing, is by asking how she should dress. However, Lena has given nothing away by simply saying that she should dress nice.

Seeing as Kara and Lena will be going on a date on Friday evening, Kara has arranged for Alex and Kelly to look after Lori for the evening, and maybe the night too, depending on how well the date goes and everything. Lori, for her part, is very happy to be looked after by Alex and Kelly, however one of the disappointing aspects of it all is that Esme will not be there, as Kelly and Alex haven't completed the process for Esme to come live with them yet, but they should by the next week. But, none the less, Lori is still very comfortable with both Alex and Kelly, so she is happy to spend time with the two of them while Kara and Lena go on their date. Kara is pretty sure that Alex is just going to spoil Lori the entire time.

*******************

Currently it is the middle of the day on Friday, and Kara is at work at Catco, presently looking at her new image on the lock screen of her phone, which is a selfie of her and Lori smiling next to each other. Whenever Kara looks at the imagine now, she just feels so very happy. Kara loves Lori so much.

"Kara, could you please come into my office?" Andrea asks, walking into Kara's office.

"Uhhh.... sure." Kara replies, putting her phone back down on her desk.

Kara then proceeds to follow Andrea out of her office, and into Andrea's own office, which is on the other side of the office space compared to where Kara's office is. As Kara is doing this, she doesn't know what this is going to be about, as she doesn't have any meetings or anything planned with Andrea or anyone. Then if they were just going to talk in private about something, they could have just done it in her office, rather than walking all the way over to Andrea's.

A few moments later, Kara walks into Andrea's office and sees that no one else is there.

"Uhhh.... what is this about?" Kara asks, as she watches Andrea take a seat at her desk, "Do you want an update on the article I'm currently writing? Or the cub reporters I'm working with?"

"No." Andrea replies, waving a dismissive hand, "I brought you in here to have a private conversation. I didn't think it would be appropriate to have it in your office where other employees could look in and see us."

"Right...." Kara nods, in a confused voice.

"Please." Andrea says, gesturing to one of the seats on the opposite side of her desk.